Euphonic! I want Euphonic but can't afford WA3000anv or th-900. What would you suggest?
Jan 13, 2014 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DoctaCosmos

Headphoneus Supremus
I've seen posts of Audio Technica recommendations here and there but they don't seem to be the talk of the town with the exception of a few pairs people use for gaming.
I looked into a few pairs last night and found the ath-a2000x japanese import and was curious about them for a certain reason
I have read that the WA3000anv is euphonic.  I want euphic SO BAD but can't afford the 3000anv so i was looking for an alternative.
Would the A2000x have the euphonic signature that the 3000's have?
If not then any cans you would suggest for vocals, orchestral (stringed mainly) and acoustic?
I have a good headphone for electronic music and after modding it sounds pretty good with other genres now too. But i don't really get that involved in the music although live music does sound pretty good.

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #2 of 9
W1000x. i like them a lot more than my Fostex 600s.

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 9
@manbear have you experienced the audio-technica "euphonic" sound that people talk about?  also known by purrin as being "romantic"  if so does that mean the 650 has that?
I know people say they are super smooth.  I worry it will sound unnatural to my ears

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #7 of 9
  @manbear have you experienced the audio-technica "euphonic" sound that people talk about?  also known by purrin as being "romantic"  if so does that mean the 650 has that?
I know people say they are super smooth.  I worry it will sound unnatural to my ears

Nope, I have not. I just know that the HD-650 is often described as warm and smooth, which is more less what euphonic means to me. The AT "euphonic" signature might be something more specific, I don't know. That's why I used a question mark. Just throwing a possibility out there. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #8 of 9
oh i greatly appreciate it. i've scoured the forums enough ( for long enough lol) to know the 650 might be a good headphone for me for certain genres.  My he-400's are imaging much better now from my mods and now that my ear infection is going away i'm getting some more head-time with them and i'm concerned anything other than planar will not be good enough for me.  Maybe i just need a flatter frequency response and possibly try some tubes.

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #9 of 9
The HD650s sound nothing like the W3000ANVs. I would guess that the other, lower end wooden Audio-Technica headphones might be the best things for you, though I've only heard the W3000ANV. The open backed ATs (and the plastic closed backs for that matter) won't have the same sound signature you're looking for either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back