Eugene, Oregon get together!
Oct 29, 2002 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Budgie

Never looks a gift amp in the jackhole.
This November 9 there will be a get together of Head-Fi'ers, in Eugene, for anyone interested in attending. "The Fabulous Tweeter Brothers" have been kind enough to offer us the chance to meet in their facility, and speaker designer Ken H. is planning on being in attendance, so be sure to bring some tunes to listen too on Ken's speakers!

http://www.speakerpage.com/

The Sound Clearing House is the web business of The Fabulous Tweeter Brothers. The location is on the web site. Feel free to contact me for more information or directions, if you can attend.

Oct 29, 2002 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 13
crap crap crap. Why does it have to be on the 9th? that is the day I have to go up to Spokane for an exhibition Ultimate Frisbee game against some college up there. Shoot. Well let me know if plans change, cause I would definitely love to be there.

Oct 29, 2002 at 10:32 AM Post #3 of 13
Hello friend. I read that your location is Portland OR. Just wanted to tell you my mom, two of my brothers and sisters are living there. Forgot the district tough
confused.gif
One sister is married to somebody named Eugene also. He's originally from there.We came from the Far East, but my mom, bros and sis are naturalized US citizens. Me, I'm stuck here in Saudi Arabia working as a graphic designer in one company. Been here for 6 years already. Frankly speaking, boring place but peaceful.

Have a nice time though at Eugene's.
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2002 at 5:13 AM Post #6 of 13
Probably 3 more years. Depends on the situation also or changes in my plans. Lately we've heard news of plans of the saudi gov't.to limit the contract workers here to arabs or gulf country citizens only by year 2005.
frown.gif

No problem. That's their policy and this is their country. I'm just one of the many " foreign guests" here. We can't argue with that.

I've been looking forward anyway to retiring back in my country and staying longer and for good with my family. It's such a great pleasure though to have worked here
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2002 at 8:18 AM Post #7 of 13
Hey, this school is paying our team to go up there and play a game of ultimate against their team, and we will probably blow them out of the water....and we will do that in front of all their women. I have a girlfriend, so that's not a big deal to me, but I have to be there for my teamates without significant others.

Nov 10, 2002 at 1:42 AM Post #12 of 13
Well sorry for not showing up in time to see you guys. I watched the football game until about 4 and then went over to the shop, but nobody was around by then. I hope it went well for those who did go. Let me know if there are any other meetings planned in the area. Hopefully there won't be a game on that day.

Nov 13, 2002 at 6:39 PM Post #13 of 13
Too bad. We had a good time. You missed hearing and seeing ppl's amps, which sounded really excellent and looked fantastic too. I brought two amps I built and my cd3000's, 1700's, and F1's. and Kwarth brought his Headroom Cosmic and a set of Cardas cabled Senn 600's. You missed all that for a game the Ducks lost??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back