Etys Triflange
Jan 8, 2010 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

geralt_ll

Head-Fier
Can't believe that I manage to fit the etys triflange on my UE SF3. Gosh, I'm so amazed with the improved in SQ over them. I'm not a comply lover, and have been relying on silicon tips (small size).

Pardon if I sound a little noobish, but the Etys RE4p were my latest acquisition, before that I had no experience with triflange.

Seeing that the IE8 sound tube and my SF3 are about the same, I will attempt to try the triflang on it later.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 7
Aren't the SF3s really big? How'd you manage that? Also, how's the isolation?

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #4 of 7
Unsuccessful attempt with the IE8s. The sound bore feels too fragile, and the I don't wish to dent the metal mesh also.
Oh well, the excitement is short lived- still in the search for the perfect tips for my IE8.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 7
The isolation is fantastic. The bass is clearer, and can be felt. Due to the large bore of the SF3, I can only push past a certain point on the triflange in my ears, and it isolates sufficiently well.

To date, this is the best tip I've come across.
I have used Shure silicon, comply, audio technica silicon, UE silicon, UE dual flange, UE foam, sony hybrids.

To place it on the SF3, I inverted the triflang (the last tier, ie, largest flange) and position the the triflange at an angle. By inserting at an angle, you would have a portion of the sound tube in the eartip. By slowly stretching the triflange, and easing it it, you'll eventually get it in. It is also to remove, so breakage is not a concern.

One good advanatage is ear wax build up. With the long travel down the triflange ear tip, debris will accumulate within the eartip, and not to the extent that it accumulates in the soundbore when using shallow silicon tips. So removal is easier.

Now that I can get my SF3 to stay in place in my ear with the etys ear tip, I'm thinking of removing the memory wire to increase comfort.

For those with TF10 perhaps you can try and let us know if the IEM can stay in place with the etys tip.

How else can I maximise the potential of my SF3 (now with etys triflange and ES2 cable)? I think this is about the maximum I can do before considering amp pairing and synergy.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #6 of 7
There's no way the Ety triple flange could fit over the nozzle of the Triple.fis. It stretches out the Sony Hybrid tips quite a bit as it is.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by geralt_ll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unsuccessful attempt with the IE8s. The sound bore feels too fragile, and the I don't wish to dent the metal mesh also.
Oh well, the excitement is short lived- still in the search for the perfect tips for my IE8.

I've had joy with the HiFiman (RE0/1/2) silicone double-flanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back