etys er4p w/adapter er4ps V senn. 580 w/ equinox cable
May 24, 2002 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
HI all:
TOD at headroom toald me that the etys 4p=4ps will rivel my 580s w/equinox cable. Does anyone have both of these cans and if so do they find this to be the case. What are the difference in sound between the two. Would you perfer the 4p=4ps over the 580s or are they two different cans and keep both for different use. If so what is the different use? Do you find the 4p-4ps better than the 580s if so in what way or do you find the 580s better than the 4p=4ps in what way? I am getting the 4p=4ps for portable use when sitting and relaxing but I read that some members use them as thier main cans. My head is spinning over this issue for I never thought that my 580 + cable would be replaced by anything.
ps.
The cable is short on the etys so what extention do you use to get it to you main source or will any extention cable do? I have an extention cable that came with a set of cans but I dont think it is of great quality.

May 24, 2002 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 8
Yeap! I agree with Todd. The Etys do rival the HD-580/600s with the Equinox cable. I also feel that these two phones represent some of the best bang for the buck in audio.
The Equinox cable seriously improves the HD-580/600s transparency, detail, and soundstaging. This is the cable to have for the HD-580/600s in my opinion.
In direct comparison between the Etys, and HD-580/600s with Equinox the Etys have slightly better resolution, and detail. And, their isolation speaks for itself.
The HD-580/600s are more musical, and have a much better soundstage than the Etys.
With the right amplification, cables, and source the HD-580/600s can better the Etys in my opinion. But, I think the Etys still do their thing quite well with lesser quality components.

May 24, 2002 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 8
CRESCENDOPOWER
From what you said I think that I should use the 580s W/equniox cable DiMarzo ics from cd deck and amp tape out to supreme amp for main home use and the etys for portable use with the total airhead amp and keep both cans. Is this right?

May 24, 2002 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
CRESCENDOPOWER
From what you said I think that I should use the 580s W/equniox cable DiMarzo ics from cd deck and amp tape out to supreme amp for main home use and the etys for portable use with the total airhead amp and keep both cans. Is this right?

That's probably what I would do. The Surpreme would be too much for me to call it portable. Have you got one of those Headroom Bags for your Airhead. For me, that would be a must.
Another thing, when things get noisy at home you could always pull out your Etys, and use the Supreme. That's a pretty good option.

May 24, 2002 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 8
CRESCENDOPOWER
I have a lot of great bags for my stuff. More than I need. LOL. Now if I play the er4p=4ps out of my supreme amp how do I get to it. Would any extention cable be ok or is there a reconmended extention cable?

May 24, 2002 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
CRESCENDOPOWER
I have a lot of great bags for my stuff. More than I need. LOL. Now if I play the er4p=4ps out of my supreme amp how do I get to it. Would any extention cable be ok or is there a reconmended extention cable?

Well, since you are a believer in cables having differing sound characteristics you should try out a few. Personally, I do not like what headphone extension cables do to the sound quality. If I were you, I would do whatever I could to bring the amp closer to you. Mabye even super long interconnects.
If your looking for a good extention though, be certain to try the Grado extention. Mabye call Todd, and see what he thinks also.

May 24, 2002 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 8
CRESCENDOPOWER
I whent to fixup.net and they have a 6ft. extension cable with the resisters in it to make the 4p to 4ps. I will also call TOD right now. I would like to thank you for all the time and info that you gave me and responding so quickly. Thanks again
ps.
The cable cost 29.95

May 24, 2002 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 8
Maybe it's just me, but a lot of these questions and discussions about the Etys and 4p to 4s adapter might have been left in one or two threads instead of several different threads. It's weird seeing a new thread everytime the topic is SLIGHTLY different than what was discussed before. To each his own I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back