ETY's ER-6 "modification"?? Any tips?
Sep 13, 2002 at 3:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

andreas_l

New Head-Fier
Bottom line: The microphonic effect on the cord REALLY anoys me when I'm walking around!! It feels like someone is bangig a pair of hollow plastic tubes right next to my brain!

I've found that putting the cord around my ear is a good way to reduse the effect, but it's hard to make it stay there. I've tried to put a small metal string on the cord and "shaping" it to the shape of my ear, but that didn't work too good either...

Any other tips on reducing the microphonics effect out there? - Without modifing the cord?

Sep 13, 2002 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by pedxing
I wear glasses with my ER-6 and it makes it a lot easier to keep the wire wrapped above my ears.

ME TOO I have also found that shooting muffs over the Ety's really helps to hold the cord still, and increases isolation a good bit too.........
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2002 at 11:18 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I don't wear glasses, but I think the earhugger-mod sounds good. Acctually I've been looking for earclips like that, but they don't have them over here. I guess I'll order them from the internet and pay overprize...... ('cause of shippng....... )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back