Etys: Best seal = best sound?
Nov 9, 2003 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

master83

Head-Fier
Hi!

Just a quick question. I've had the ER-4P's for about two weeks now and I'm very impressed with them. Today I tried to play a ringtone with my mobile on the desk while pressing the etys in my ear until I heard the ringtone the least, then put on some music. There was not any good sound at all. I lost most of the treble and soundstage.Then I pulled them slightly out and twisted them abit and the sound was excellent! but when doing this I could hear more of my mobile playing its ringtone. So I was just wondering if there is a way to get maximum isolation and the best sound simultaniously?

Tnx,

Nov 9, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 5
I have discovered the same as you. I think the most important thing about the Ety's is to achieve a good seal and pressure equalisation inside the ear whilst wearing them.

Don't worry - it's not about the maximum ambient noise reduction, it's about achieving the best sound quality with the phones.

Once the music starts playing you won't really notice the loss of noise reduction anyway.

I hope this helps.

Nov 9, 2003 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Hold your nose shut and blow out of it slowly.
That's how I equalize the pressure...

Then again, if you can't equalize the pressure in your ears in this manner, maybe it would be a better idea not to insert them that far... The added pressure kills the sound and makes it seem like you are underwater at a terrible concert
smily_headphones1.gif

Just a suggestion,
BANGPOD

Nov 9, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by BANGPOD
Hold your nose shut and blow out of it slowly.
That's how I equalize the pressure...
BANGPOD

For me it's the opposite. I hold my nose shut and try to breath in to equalize. I guess I don't have pressure between Ety's and my eardrums but uhmmm... negative pressure as the flangs try to push them out. Maybe another effect of all the different forms of ear-canals
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back