Etys 4 /walking?
Jan 28, 2003 at 7:56 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by helento1
I usually use bikeways. And of course I have got eyes too.

If you use bikeways in Germany, you are considered suicidal by most "serious" cyclists, as most of these are separated from the road so nobody notices you (-> you get killed) and in very bad condition (-> you possibly kill yourself). When I was still in school one guy from our orchestra got killed because he did not notice a car with his buds on, on the bikeway. Damn good trombone-player he was.
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2003 at 8:00 AM Post #17 of 21
The way I deal with the microphonics is to stuff my pcdp into my inside jacket pocket along with the additional length of cable and zip up. The microphonics come in when the cable dangles and hits stuff, but does not occur when it is held close to an object (your body), even if it is moving. I still hear the impact of my feet hitting the ground, but its is tolerable.

Jan 28, 2003 at 4:22 PM Post #18 of 21
I live in Finland in small town. There is not so much traffic and I if I'm going to make any sudden moves I always look around me if there is somebody coming. Anyway you can't trust your hearing even if you don't wear etys. Wind might be blowing so you can't hear car coming.

Jan 28, 2003 at 6:39 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by helento1
Anyway you can't trust your hearing even if you don't wear etys. Wind might be blowing so you can't hear car coming.

Exactly. Which would make it even worse with headphones ON.

Jan 28, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by kaervin
I use to walk and run with my ETY's until I almost got creamed by a truck that ran a red light and I couldn't see or hear! Now it's KSC-35's for me.

Remember kids ... look both ways before crossing!
wink.gif

Seriously though, the difference between walking/running and bicycling is that, as a walker/runner, the only thing you have to maneuver is yourself. As a bicyclist, there's bike physics involved.. the bike can only move so far so fast, and if you're not moving forward, you're somewhere on the ground. [Heh.. this has some truth to it, too, if you've ever biked with clipless pedals...
wink.gif
]

Anyhow, when you're walking or running, you can pretty easily move in all directions. Forward, backward, sideways, etc. to avoid an accident. On a bike, the only real option is to keep moving straight, or to swerve one direction or another... so they're to completely different things
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back