Etymotics er-2
Aug 8, 2003 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

KPOT

100+ Head-Fier
This phones are good, but not much better than er-4s.
I have asked Don Wilson. He said that er-2 and er-4s uses same tranducers. er-2 have filters.

Aug 8, 2003 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by KPOT
This phones are good, but not much better than er-4s.
I have asked Don Wilson. He said that er-2 and er-4s uses same tranducers. er-2 have filters.

Pardon me...but what are you talking about? ER-2???
Or am I missing something here?

Aug 8, 2003 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 12
Not at the current site. Check here.

Not under products, not found using their search function... not seen before this post.

Bruce

Aug 9, 2003 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Melchior
Yeah, they're there, look harder. They're the research headphones that cost like 900 dollars.

Edit: Okay, a bit less than 900, linkage

http://www.etymotic.com/product_list...ct_number=ER-2

what the crap I have never seen these before?! You can use them for your regular home audio equipment? Man that's some highdollar stuff. I have the ER-4P's and they sound fantastic. So could I use the ER-2's with my Minidisc player when I go jogging?

Aug 9, 2003 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 12
I'm sorry, but ety's are simply too good for MD. If you are going to listen to compressed sound, just use some KSC-35's or budget senn's.

Aug 9, 2003 at 2:55 AM Post #9 of 12
OK OK I've seen that before..long time ago..but I don't think those are for music, are they? I guess by "filters" he meant those 2 black cases connected to each phone. Those make me believe even more that it's not for music application. I can't imagine walking around with those cases hung from my ears
tongue.gif

Aug 9, 2003 at 6:10 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
I'm sorry, but ety's are simply too good for MD. If you are going to listen to compressed sound, just use some KSC-35's or budget senn's.

heh you would be surprised at how good the etys sound out of my laptop , 128 kbps mp3
bliss man ..
it's better out of dedicated.. but it doesn't improve tremendously. Even with corda ha-1 , the ety is not very different. It isn't as 'grand' as you thought it to be actually
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 9, 2003 at 7:57 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer

LOL

edit :

removed deserving insult to make this a happier place.

It's not that Tim's a bad guy, he just doesn't know what he's talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back