Etymotic Research EVO impressions and discussion thread
May 22, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #376 of 1,201
May 22, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #377 of 1,201
Yes, it seems that way. Did PayPal actually get charged? I can look into this on Monday.
My PayPal got charged yesterday if I’m not mistaken. I’m still waiting for my address change though. Etymotic’s database changed my saved address’ state from Illinois to Texas for whatever reason.

May 22, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #378 of 1,201
My PayPal got charged yesterday if I’m not mistaken. I’m still waiting for my address change though. Etymotic’s database changed my saved address’ state from Illinois to Texas for whatever reason.
At least those of us here weren't deceived by the "in stock" error. It's the ones who buy without knowing what we know that concern me a little.

May 22, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #379 of 1,201

Hmm, perhaps payments are taken for pre-orders. I'm detached from that process, so It's possible that standard operating procedure. I'll find out what's happening on Monday.

May 24, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #382 of 1,201
My PayPal said it is.

I spoke with our web team and they said that payments are processed at the time of pre-order. Apparently, there should be text that explains that, but I haven't gone through the pre-order process, so I didn't know that. If that's an issue, it is possible to cancel the preorder and you'll get a refund. You would just have to order again later when they are ready to ship.

May 24, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #383 of 1,201
Will supply be plentiful or will these be tough to come by for months?

I'm not quite sure how to answer that as this is a new product and we're not certain what the actual demand will be. Add in the uneven lead-times we're seeing right now and it's a bit difficult to gauge.

May 24, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #384 of 1,201
EVO in the house! :L3000:

1621894341841.png

May 24, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #386 of 1,201
Stunning! And that protective case really looks like a puck Lol
I will post more photos later today - yes, they're absolutely the best looking IEMs from Etymotic for sure!!
The hockey puck case is pretty cool. And not just because I am a hockey fan... :wink:

May 24, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #389 of 1,201
Just a nitpick, but is there any L/R indicator (tactile or written) on EVO? Also looking forward to seeing more pics and how lightweight is this T2 BaX. :D

Yes, it's etched onto the housing by the connector. You can also tell by the cable, which has red for right and black for left, but that doesn't help much when the cable is unplugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back