Etymotic: no more microphonics, easy seal
Oct 12, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #16 of 33
The braided cord is supposed to reduce the cable noice so this mod should not be needed. This was just released in September. I sent my older version to Etymotic to get the cable changed out. I should have them back in a week. I'll let you how much difference it makes. Someone said they didn't even need the shirt clip with it, so it must work pretty good.

You also have to worry about changing the filters more often if you cut the foamies like that. And if you are getting worse isolation, you are probably getting a worse seal too.

Oct 12, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #17 of 33
Joe,
if so, Zeplin is going to need the tie wraps now
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2003 at 1:31 AM Post #19 of 33
LOL!!!
Adam, you're a good spirited person
biggrin.gif
always willing to joke around, but not to the point of making "MERTON-like" idiotic jokes...and for that i like you
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2003 at 4:03 AM Post #20 of 33
great, i was afraid you'll be a bit upset..
always feel free to laugh at my dad too!
biggrin.gif

now, enough thread crapping..
let's wait for bangraman to report back or something
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2003 at 4:15 AM Post #21 of 33
i'm not sure, but i think Etymotic sells a loop type product that is designed to reduce microphonics, increase comfort and ease of use? if you go to their home page, click on express order and go down the list to look for it, i believe it's called the "cookie bite ear hook." it's probably for something else though, another one of their products? anyone know what it is?

Oct 23, 2003 at 11:36 PM Post #22 of 33
Nov 10, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #23 of 33
What happened to the pics?

Nov 10, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #25 of 33
Yeah I'd also like to see the pics, I'm interested in curing my Ety's problem too!

Nov 10, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #27 of 33
I'm seeing A picture, just not the right one. I'm seeing frowning faces instead of the mod pics.

Nov 10, 2004 at 7:53 AM Post #28 of 33
That what the external link does it change all the picture to frown smillies.

You need to reload the picture from an external browser or something else so there is no external referal to the picture and you need to reload or clear your cache so it doesn't just reshow you the smillies.

For me, just copy the url of the picture and past the link into an other browser and press reload and I saw the original picture.

Nov 10, 2004 at 12:28 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeplin
what you call zip ties, i call tie wraps
biggrin.gif
at least that's what my Father calls them..he is in construction.

Ty-rap is actually a brand name (of the Thomas & Betts Corporation) for one maker of that kind of thing; often also called just 'cable tie', in construction circles (in the UK anyway)

I tried loading the url into another browser windows and all I got was a zillion lines of code (in italics
biggrin.gif
)
I have the newer braided cord ER4Ps as well. and I think using the shirt clip is a good idea even so, as it gives the cord some 'strain relief', avoiding possible damage to the very fragile wire termination in the central barrel should you tug the bottom of the main wire too hard by mistake. In fact I think one channel on mine has suffered this way as it's becoming intermittent. Guess I'll have to test the warranty....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back