Etymotic Large Yellow Eartips
Feb 25, 2005 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AndyRx7

100+ Head-Fier
Just a quick note...

I got etymotic to send me a sample package of their large yellow foamy eartips for use with my ER-4S. I'm really impressed with them, as compared to the black foamies. The main advantage is that I only have to insert them a shallow distance into my ear canal for a *very* tight fit (they're so large, I would never be able to fit them all the way in as I do with the black foamies). The effect of this seems to be a significantly larger perceived soundstage, and more detail; great bass too. Oh, and quite a bit more comfortable fit, since they only sit in the outermost part of the ear canal. On the downside, the treble seems a bit brighter and more sibilant than with the black foamies. So anyways, I'd recommend trying these (especially since it's free!) to those who aren't totally satisfied with either of the stock eartips! It's definitely a different flavour for the etys.

Edit: sorry for posting this in the wrong forum.

Feb 25, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 4
Large yellow foamies? Are these identical to the more flesh-colored foamies that come with the ER6i? I'd love some larger foamies. Any idea whether they might fit the 6i?

Feb 25, 2005 at 11:11 AM Post #3 of 4
I had a few days fun with 6i foamies... until I decided to clean them with
alcohol
blink.gif

4890286_43dd07122a_m.jpg

Now I have custom sleeves
etysmile.gif

4992941_47d40e1e0f_m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back