etymotic hf5 hurt my ears, cant find a good fit
Apr 4, 2010 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Hemn

Head-Fier
tried all tips even the shure olives but the tube is to thiker than shure tubes, they get loose and then i got no good seal

soundwise hf5 sounds just like akg k280 and i love that sound, although there could be more subbass

is there anything i can do or any other iem that sound the same but with more subbass?

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 9
I have tried pretty much every IEM out there and i find the HF5 provides the best isolation of any out there...even better than er-4p......for the price it is a fantastic performer....try the comply 100's

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the different between shure foam olives and comply 100?

The Comply Foams are more "gentle", you might say, than the Olives -- though the Olives give much better isolation.

Some other ear tips / variations you might try...
- Ety tri-flange (included with HF5s)
- Ety sliders (included "mushroom" looking things)
- Klipsch gels
- Sony Hybrids

There should *definitely* be a comfy solution for you somewhere!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 9
actually i get the best isolation with the comply 100's because they fit snugly deep in my ear...the olives are a bit too big for my ears even the smaller ones and they are uncomfortable for me and create quite a bit of pressure and fullness in my ear....the combo of the hf5 and the comply 100s isolate better than any IEM i have ever tried...

Apr 6, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #8 of 9
Try to cut the biggest flange on your triflanges. This might help if you have small ear channels - it's the best mod for me. In case. if this not seal well - try baby blue tips without littlest flange. That would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back