Etymotic HF5 cable completely destroyed, can be replaced?
Nov 25, 2015 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jatergb

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I have etymotic HF5 purchased about 4 years ago. It is currently lying idle because the cable is completely disintegrated on both earpieces. Does Etymotic or any other company outside replace the cable? I really don't want to throw this away. I purchased them for 100 USD and they are retailing for about 120+ right now and that speaks to it's greatness. Hence, I want to try my level best to retain this if it is possible to resurrect them.

Thanks!

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #2 of 7
Anyone?
Do you think moving this thread to another section might help?

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 7
I must say my attempts have been discouraging in getting cable replaced. However, I don't recall where or how, but I stumbled up-on info. regarding Etymotic offering discount coupons of 40% when you send your broken pair and I have been happy since then. The discount coupon is applicable on wide variety of items from their catalog which basically means I can use the 40% discount I got from sending back HF5 to buy ER4PT. :)

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for posting the coupon info. Based on your post I checked the Ety site and they are offering the 40% discount on any product with the return of any out-of-warranty earphone. Good deal, especially if you are upgrading.

I know that Etymotic replaces cables for the ER4 for $50, but the ER4 has detachable cables. Didn't think they offered that service for the HF5.

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #5 of 7
Yea, this is really awesome gesture on their part. I just got Puro and after an hour or so of listening, I'm wondering if I should get the Ety's. :) Are you looking to upgrade?

Feb 3, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 7
We have had the ER4S for many years. It's my wife's set that needs replacement.

Actually I listen to dynamic earphones most of the time. Different sets for different players or desk amps. ER4S were my first earphones!

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #7 of 7
Cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back