Etymotic HF2 - Durability?
Jul 7, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #16 of 22
The bass on th HF's is about as minimum as it possibly gets.  There's not nearly as much bass as the S4's.  If you liked the S4's, you might want to look into the brainwavz m2's or m3's.

Well i dont think the HF's bass isn't minimized at all. If you're going to compare bass between the two IEMs, i wouldn't compare the quantity in bass; instead i'll be comparing the texture and delivery. Quantity on the HF is lacking without a doubt when comared to the s4, but a prefer the bass on the HFs more. It feels tigjt and balanced when compared to the mids and highs.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #17 of 22

Quote:
hey guys i'm considering the HF series because the bass on the dr dre tours are a little too much i have to say. 
how is the bass on the HF series?  I enjoy the amount of bass on the klipsch S4 series.  Would you know if it is better that the S4s?
and any opinion on the HF series would be appreciated! :)

HFs have a lot less bass, but are a lot more detailed/accurate.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #18 of 22
while i don't have experience with the hf series, i do have experience with the rather similar mc5, the altec 616 & 716, er6s and perhaps some others that i'm forgetting at the moment and have found them to be pretty tough. someone accidently slammed my wife's set cracking the casing, which was repairable with some gorilla glue.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #19 of 22
I very much disliked the S4s, and having heard the ER4ps, they're not even in the same league. If this were baseball, the S4 would be a minor league A or AA at best, where the ER4Ps are hall of famers in the major leagues.

Monster, if they have a partnership with Dr. Dre, should be avoided.  They are in my opinion the single most egregious unethical company in existence. Even more so than the phone companies who charge 20 cents per text message.
Monster's cables are absolutely not better and the markup is unbelievable. Fine, some people believe in cables. But Monster goes around bullying other companies, small ones, using their high-lawyers.  It's well known and I think that there is a good reason that Monster products are frowned upon here.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
I very much disliked the S4s, and having heard the ER4ps, they're not even in the same league. If this were baseball, the S4 would be a minor league A or AA at best, where the ER4Ps are hall of famers in the major leagues.

Monster, if they have a partnership with Dr. Dre, should be avoided.  They are in my opinion the single most egregious unethical company in existence. Even more so than the phone companies who charge 20 cents per text message.
Monster's cables are absolutely not better and the markup is unbelievable. Fine, some people believe in cables. But Monster goes around bullying other companies, small ones, using their high-lawyers.  It's well known and I think that there is a good reason that Monster products are frowned upon here.

Monster products are frowned upon here?  I've seen lots of endorsement of the Turbine series, especially the Coppers and Golds.

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #21 of 22
I love my HF2, I have them since april 2010, and they sound excelent, not a single problem with them... I actually found them to be very similar to my recently aquired TF10, although the mids on the later sound a bit more detailed and the bass a little more punchier, but I can get a seal faster and easier with the HF2.

Im glad I didnt expend more than 100 bucks on the TF10 because I would have been dissapointed.

Dec 17, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pufftissue 

they can't hold a candle, wrt to bulling tactics, to b*se!
at one time i came across a very detailed web site about them, which i cannot find at the moment. here are a couple of other refs though:

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
http://www.firstadopter.com/fa/archives/001749.html
http://www.head-fi.org/t/14948/why-exactly-does-bose-suck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back