ETYMOTIC ER6i, Shure e2c or Super.fi 3
Mar 5, 2007 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

noktekniq

New Head-Fier
[size=large]EDIT! WARNING. STOP WAIT BEFORE YOU POLL. 2nd choice is for e2c not e3c.
[/size]
which is is the best or daily listening in a ourdoorish environment? i need the sound quality and the sort of noise cancellation. i prefer something long lasting.

what i need:
1. earphones that has quality and last long.
2. something that i can use on the plane that would beat those snotty first class users of bose headphones.
3. no/or very little leakage in the sound form the headphones.

the stuff i listen to is pop, ballad, softer hiphop

which one with be the best from the three? ETYMOTIC ER6i, Shure e2c or Super.fi 3...

also my ears arent' that big, so i was wondering which one would provide good fit for people with smaller ears.

all three are under $80 shipped range. i'm looking under that range

[size=x-large]
what happens if i add the Sennheiser CX300 into the bunch? would the Sennheiser CX300 be able to reduce noise as well as the ety er6i?[/size]

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic_rage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you should look into westone UM1.

all three are under $80 shipped range. i'm looking under that range
i couldn't find the um1 for under 80 on ebay. so i won't consider

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:08 AM Post #4 of 15
I have very small ear canals and Super.Fi gives me really good isolation. My player has volume up to 31 and I never go over 6 in any condition, including busy traffic, all I hear is music. ER6i are supposed to isolate even better although I doubt anyone with small ear canals could ever shove the tri-flange(or even bi-flange) sleeves into their ears, they are just too big
etysmile.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cindyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have very small ear canals and Super.Fi gives me really good isolation. My player has volume up to 31 and I never go over 6 in any condition, including busy traffic, all I hear is music. ER6i are supposed to isolate even better although I doubt anyone with small ear canals could ever shove the tri-flange(or even bi-flange) sleeves into their ears, they are just too big
etysmile.gif

flanges are for the lose. most ppl use foams and they accomodate all ear sizes.

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
flanges are for the lose. most ppl use foams and they accomodate all ear sizes.

Foam does not isolate as much and after a while it just doesn't feel good in my ears.

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cindyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Foam does not isolate as much and after a while it just doesn't feel good in my ears.

foams comes in all shapes and sizes and several models can be purchased from etymotic, comply's from westone, or make your own from various models of earplugs. the way foam expands accomodates different ear shapes and sizes. earplugs' isolation ranges up to 33db.

either way, ety owners have a lot of outs in obtaining a good seal. much better than sf5 stock rubber tip. but ety's require a good seal to get the full sound whereas sf5 not as much so.

Mar 5, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #9 of 15
If you need bass, don't take ER6i or SF3. They have lacking bass. However, ER6i provide great isolation. Also if you have small ears, SF3 may stick out.
If I were you, I'd take ER6i's. Despite lacking bass they are the best earphones in this price range.

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you need bass, don't take ER6i or SF3. They have lacking bass. However, ER6i provide great isolation. Also if you have small ears, SF3 may stick out.
If I were you, I'd take ER6i's. Despite lacking bass they are the best earphones in this price range.

x2

Mar 5, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #12 of 15
I appreciate the replies too. I have Shure E2C's and I'm looking to try a different pair of IEM's.

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #15 of 15
Please don't rule out the SF3s. I had a pair of ety er6i, then bought the SF3 when the 6i died. I have small ears and did have a lot of problems getting good fit with the standard eartips on a SF3 until i tried the reversing mod. The SFs sound so good now (so much better than the 6i, better bass), the isolation from the reversing mod is as good as the 6i and they don't stick out. The SFs also exhibit less microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back