Etymotic ER4XR tips
Feb 7, 2017 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mrsir

New Head-Fier
Hi

So I bought the ER4 IEM's around 2 months, and I find that it hurts when I try to insert the tri-flanges into my right ear. The left ear glides in pretty effortlessly, but the right ear never really seals, no matter how deep I insert it. I even tried inserting it so deep, that it made everything sound like I was underwater, and "broke through", and it still dident seal properly.

I'm a drummer, so I bought the ER4's because I heard everyone talk about they were the most noise-cancelling. I recall that both the foam and tri-flanges initially sealed well, but now they don't really seal that well, anymore. I'm thinking of buying a new set of tri-flanges, as it could be that they are ruined? Also tried washing them, but to no avail. If I buy the tri-flanges, I might try modding a pair to bi-flanges, to see if that works. The foam tips also seem pretty worn up, since they used to isolate well, but don't really isolate anymore.

I am a bit stressed, and sick, and it might also be because of that, but I'm no audiologist, so I can only draw upon what seems plausible. I did notice today that using the tri-flanges was even more painful than usual.

Anyone who knows what other brands are compatible with etymotics? The housing seems pretty small, compared to other brands...

These are the tri-flanges that I'm thinking of buying for my XR4's: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/etymotic-er38-18cl-3-flanged-large-clear-eartips-5-pairs.html

Thanks in regards

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 2
hello, you can get custom seal mold to your reas from etymotic.I am quite happy, these are the first universal IEM's I can wear several hours, no way to order customs IEM's my cochlea is too small, and my channel is also narrow, but the etys are working.
For custom seal, you need to send them ear molds, but contact them before, via email or phone.
I live in France, and I will order a pair asap, when I find my ear molds, these are lost somewhere in my house...I think I will also order a pair of noise seal too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back