Etymotic er4p's or UE triple fi.10's or W2's?
Mar 4, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #16 of 21
I find it hard to fathom how the bass could just disappear in fast, busy music. That would indicate the driver is being far overworked, would it not? Westone wouldn't design a product like that. I guess the real test is when my set arrives and I try it out with some metal
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it hard to fathom how the bass could just disappear in fast, busy music. That would indicate the driver is being far overworked, would it not? Westone wouldn't design a product like that. I guess the real test is when my set arrives and I try it out with some metal
wink.gif

I don't think it gets over worked, I would describe the bass on the W2's as fast sounding. Nothing wrong with that... But when the music gets busy like a lot of metal does, it just seems to disappear into the mids.

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by thammuz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was out of using my ER4Ps for a few weeks, so my Triple.fi 10s got pretty much 95% of my portable head time.

[snip]

ER4Ps: These are pretty much my full time portables, they really are clear treble is certainly there. I still don't understand why people say they are cheap on bass quantity, I feel they have more than adequate. The isolation is certainly superb, but the deep insertion may take some getting use to.

[snip]

If you do a lot of walking, the Westones or ER4Ps would be nicer than the triple.fis.

I'm considering ER4Ps myself. Would you elaborate a bit on how well they work for you when walking? I'm concerned mainly about microphonics problems while walking, so I wonder how much this is a factor for you. Do you wear them over the ear, or just with the clip?

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #19 of 21
With ALL high isolation IEM's you will hear a "thump, thump" with each step when walking. That's just the way it is with the high isolation.

Cable microphonics is a whole separate issue and the W2 cable is FAR less microphonic than the ER4P.

Mar 28, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #20 of 21
I have both. As others have stated, the TF's have a little more bass. You can't go wrong with either, and either will benefit with an amp. The ER's insert much deeper into the ear, and isolate better, but could be uncomfortable. Microphonics are also worse as a result. I use the clip which helps greatly, but walking will result in "the thump". It's just the nature of the beast. I wear Ety's straight down and UE's over the ear.

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #21 of 21
I have the W2 now, and in my metal the bass certainly does not disappear like ben4345 said. The bass is always present for me, and is fast and of perfect quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back