Etymotic ER4P With Amp?
Jan 24, 2007 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AudioDwebe

Headphoneus Supremus
There's a lot of information in this forum about whether or not the ER4S will play without an amp, but have seen very little information about the 4P with an amp.

I'm considering getting a pair of the 4P for on-the-go/office listening but would also like to be able listen to them on my home rig (MPX3) when the temperature starts getting warm again. In the summertime with no AC (Pacific Northwest home) and with my music room upstairs, the room gets friggin' hot and am unable to use my headphones for any length of time. I've got a great audio system, but my 7 month old sleeps in the room next to my music room so I rarely use the speaker-based system.

If I decide to go with the 4S, I'll eventually end up getting the Hornet to drive them at the office. But costwise, if the 4P will work well through a headphone amp as well as unamped, I could avoid spending the money on the Hornet.

I realize talking about not spending money is sacreligious here. And you know, you're right, I probably will eventually end up with the Hornet, also, but am trying to keep my wallet in check.

Amount spent headphones and related items since discovering this great forum in June 2006: $1720.00.
Amount spent the previous 41 years: $270.00.

Damn you!?!?!?!?

Ciao

Jan 24, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Since money is an issue, I think I'd do just what you are considering. First get the 4P. Then, later, get the Hornet and p/s cable as your budget allows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back