Etymotic ER-6P Good?
May 9, 2006 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

mr56k

500+ Head-Fier
Good, bad so so ? Wondering what the general take is on these little guys. Im thinking these vs Ety er6i and the um1's. Dont really care for the behind the ear lingo and looks like these can be worn straight in. On ecost there around 70-80$ depending when you look in the hot deals section.

Thanks

May 9, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #2 of 14
Woah, there are ER-6Ps now???
biggrin.gif

Just checked what they are, they're just normal ER-6s. Which are less sensitive and have less bass than the ER-6is.

May 9, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 14
OK.

So have you tried these "either of them" ? If so what did you think? Im going for really good isolation and also sound quality of course.

May 9, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 14
I spent about 2 days trying to figure out what the P and S and C meant when i was ordering my ETY COM headset. Cause I didn't want to order the wrong thing. And after of my research I found out it just means P=pillow pack C=Clamshell and I forgot what the S meant.

But I think unless its the ER-4's where the S,P, and B stand for something, the end letter means the packaging type. Now I could be totally worng here. And I probally am thats just what I found.

May 9, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 14
there are so many threads already on IEMs, atleast 5 on the ER-6 series now, please use the search function

May 9, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #8 of 14
Thanks Atomicfission92 and mypasswordis...

Duke.. I did use the search function however didnt find everything I was looking for. So hence my post. Thanks for your wealth of info though.

May 9, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr56k
Thanks Atomicfission92 and mypasswordis...

Duke.. I did use the search function however didnt find everything I was looking for. So hence my post. Thanks for your wealth of info though.

If you cannot find any posts on ER-6 series using the search function then there's no wealth of knowledge available to help you comprehend the situation.

May 9, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #10 of 14
I didnt say I couldnt find "any posts" on the er6p's... You no what nevermind. Let this thread die.

May 9, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
If you cannot find any posts on ER-6 series using the search function then there's no wealth of knowledge available to help you comprehend the situation.

You don't have to be so mean
rolleyes.gif

Basically, pick the ER-6is if you feel like you need existent bass and don't want to be bothered with an amp for portable use. People do say the ER-6is round out with a good amp so I imagine they would also improve with the ER-6s.

May 9, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #12 of 14
Thanks mypasswordis. I wont be using an amp with them at least not on the go. Nice to no that it does improve with amp as I can do that at home.Might be a reason to get one for on the go. So thanks and yes im gona prob get the ER-6is then.

May 9, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #13 of 14
Just as a heads up, apparently there's a sale on Amazon right now for Altec Lansing Im716's which people say sound better than the ER-6is for only 80 bucks. It might be safer to just get the Ety's because then you get Ety support and can ask for some tip samples and whatnot...

May 9, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #14 of 14
between the er6 and er6i, the er6i is much less fatiguing, more balanced, and doesn't have the annoying mid treble hump that the er6 has. I definitely prefer the er6i. Very tolerable unamped as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back