Etymotic ER-6i or Shure E3C?
Aug 7, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, it's mainly just clarity, i listen to metal, but i prize clarity so much over bass. one of my reasons for that is because i tab metal songs on bass, and w/o good IEM's and clarity, it's quite hard to do so.

I would also like to cast a vote for the er6i's now
etysmile.gif

Aug 7, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #18 of 27
i don't have the etys but I'm really disappointed with the E3C's. I tested out a pair of UE super.fi 3 on my YP-T9 and I immediately regretted the E3C's. I couldn't believe how overpriced they were compared to the UE's. E3C's mids and highs are more detailed and better but they could not get loud, and have very little bass. The only way I could enjoy them was through using heavy EQ settings which is a pain since I'm trying to find a balance of loudness, and bass without distorting the music.. I listen to mostly rock and pop, and these are not for those genres. Maybe classical and acoustic would be better suited.

Aug 7, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, it's mainly just clarity, i listen to metal, but i prize clarity so much over bass. one of my reasons for that is because i tab metal songs on bass, and w/o good IEM's and clarity, it's quite hard to do so.

You'll never hear the bass at all with etys
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by patalp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

That's a bit shallow. Ety has VERY tightly controlled bass and ER-4S the deepest I have ever heard.

Unless of course if bass is everything, then you could not go wrong with KOSS The Plug (OMG THE BASS!!!), Sonys, Westone UM2 and many other

Aug 7, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #22 of 27
hey efn, i saw the pic of your "imod" how did you get the face to look like that?

Aug 7, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by patalp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

That's nonsense, you can hear the bass as clear as water with the ety's. Just because it's not strong and overcomes anything else and doesn't sounds like a muffled synthesizer overclipping, doesn't mean it's not distinguishable. I actually hear the bass on the ety's, as an instrument as clear as any other, and a lot clearer and textured than a lot of other iem's

Aug 7, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #26 of 27
Owned the E3 for a looong time, heard the er6i a couple of times, and I thought it was noticeably better -- closer to the E4 than the E3 in terms of sound quality. This is coming from a Shure fanboy of sorts, so you can take it to the bank.
wink.gif

And the er6i actually has pretty decent (although by no means spectacular) bass -- at least as much as the E3, and much more than er4*, particularly (ta-da) upper bass.

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffreybar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heard the er6i a couple of times, and I thought it was noticeably better -- closer to the E4 than the E3 in terms of sound quality. This is coming from a Shure fanboy of sorts, so you can take it to the bank.
wink.gif

I was going to try the ER6i a while back, but got put off by claims that it was quite a 'bright' headphone. As I have a 'bright' dap, I didn't want to take the risk. But I sold the E4 (even though I really liked the sound), because higher volumes made my ears ring. How close is the ER6i to the E4 in terms of midrange and brightness? If it's similar, I might have to give them a try as they're still sitting patiently in my Amazon 'shopping basket'
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back