Etymotic ER-6i Gray Foams?
Sep 3, 2004 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jbaker12

New Head-Fier
On the graph on the etymotic site that shows the amount of noise isolation of each one of the tips, the ER-6i's appear to have gray foams on them, rather then the pumpkin colored ones that come with the Er-6i's now. I am very interested in getting these becasue I think that the pumpkin colored foams ruin the look of the earphones, but i prefer them over the 3-flanges. Anybody have any idea if these are going to be released or if they exist now? Thanks.
etysmile.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 13
Actually, that just looks like they optimized the color incorrectly and cut out the color that was supposed to be there in the graph. The graph was exported as a GIF file with minimal colors.

Sep 3, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Just confirmed it, brought the image into Photoshop and took a look at the color table. There's only grey, black and white in the color table.

That may be so, but I own a pair and the foams are orange. So much for the color table, eh? Besides, orange foams sound better than gray or white ones.

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lcachola
That may be so, but I own a pair and the foams are orange. So much for the color table, eh? Besides, orange foams sound better than gray or white ones.

How do you figuire they sound better because of the color?

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #7 of 13
The color does matter to the sound spectrum - proof?

Chuckie (Rugrats) said the E6i "make my legs feel like jello, Not the green kind but the red kind!" (My fav Rugrat line)

Sep 4, 2004 at 3:09 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lcachola

You misinterpreted. Lindrone said that the original graphic was exported as a low-colour image. This means that the all the original colors were exported into grayscale format. Like lindrone said, the only colors apparent in the new graphic are white, gray, and black. So, the er6i's in the image actually do have the normal pumpkin foamies on them, but they look grey because of the color limits on the image. Gray foamies don't exist.

Sep 4, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #9 of 13
I was thinking the ER6i foamie was the beige one for the ER-4. If it isn't where do you get the ER6i ones since they aren't listed for sale anywhere and they only come with one pair?

Sep 4, 2004 at 7:43 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbaker12
How do you figuire they sound better because of the color?

It was a joke.

Sep 4, 2004 at 11:03 AM Post #11 of 13
Everyone knows black motorcycles are faster than red ones.

Sep 4, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Not nearly as fast as one with the Dragonball Z sticker though.

Which still can't take the bike with flame decals
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back