Etymotic ER-6 Keep Popping Out.
Sep 2, 2004 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Squibbles

100+ Head-Fier
I can get a good seal for ~ 1 - 2 minutes, but then I can hear it pop in my ears and the seal is broken. No matter what, I can't keep the seal. Is there anything that I can do to get it to stay?

Thanks.

[EDIT]
I want to try the foamies. But the eartips are impossible to get off. I'm scared to tear it. How am I suppose to remove the eartips?

Thanks.

Sep 3, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 8
Yes, the instructions state to remove them carefully...

I've been pulling but to no avail. Not to mention these tips seem to be on the verge of ripping...

Sep 3, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #5 of 8
On the ER-4P the tri-flanges can be on there pretty good, I assume the ER-6i to be the same. Try folding the flanges back against themselves and slightly twisting at the same time.

Again I don't own these so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Can anyone else chip in?

Sep 3, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #6 of 8
I just got Ety's awhile back and was worried about breaking the tips as well. Just keep pullling the flanges, should come off eventually. The flanges shouldn't rip, I thought the same thing, they're fine.

the Judge

Sep 3, 2004 at 6:02 AM Post #7 of 8
There's a small tube inside the Black foamie, right?

Grab it at the back end (opposite of where you stick it in your ear first), and wiggle/pull it from the back, grasping that inner tube part.

It should come off more securely that way, and alleviate pressure on the black foam part, that feels like it's ripping.

BTW, there is a new Cone Shaped Foam tip that is now available for the ER6. It now comes standard with the ER6i.
er22-13e.jpg

It is now available for the ETY-COM which uses the same filter and ear tips as the ER6. So can buy two packs of ER22-13E Beige Foam Eartips (each pack comes with 3) and you'll have 3 pairs of replacements.

-Ed

Sep 3, 2004 at 7:58 AM Post #8 of 8
It may help to try tugging on the last, largest flange. Sometimes pulling on the tip (first flange) can just cause it to stretch and not budge.

But if you grab the big flange between your fingers, it may help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back