Etymotic Er-6 Isolaters for my Ipod, will they be any better than the Sony MDR-EX71S
Jun 19, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #16 of 28
from all that i read about this earphone, the only advice i will give you is that if you like alot of bass in your music, then stay away from the er6....and shure e3c for trhat matter. we get like 10 threads about people complaining how the er6 dont have enough bass for them.

Jun 19, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #17 of 28
ok. get the HP33md.

wink.gif

Jun 19, 2004 at 7:33 PM Post #19 of 28
okay well then if i change the sorce, my 20gb i pod, to maybe a different player, one with maybe a better Eq on it, i saw a new hp one 40 gb about £250 quid the fist reviews ive seen have been VERY positive ( im sorry i cant remember the model number) would that help any, or should i stick to the ipod, and go for the headphones!? I still havent bought anything yet, really more confused than ever about what to get LOL, thanks for the info though!!

Jun 19, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cu3ed
okay well then if i change the sorce, my 20gb i pod, to maybe a different player, one with maybe a better Eq on it, i saw a new hp one 40 gb about £250 quid the fist reviews ive seen have been VERY positive ( im sorry i cant remember the model number) would that help any, or should i stick to the ipod, and go for the headphones!? I still havent bought anything yet, really more confused than ever about what to get LOL, thanks for the info though!!

The Rio Karma has the best equalizer of all the HD players on the market (5 band parametric). Then again, the Rio Karma is pretty much *the* player for audiophiles. It has a signal-to-noise ratio of 97 dB, second only to the Creative Zen (98dB).

You can get it from eCost for $250 shipped.

EDIT: That's $USD 250... sorry for confusion.

Jun 20, 2004 at 9:22 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
from all that i read about this earphone, the only advice i will give you is that if you like alot of bass in your music, then stay away from the er6....and shure e3c for trhat matter. we get like 10 threads about people complaining how the er6 dont have enough bass for them.

To my ears, the E3c had enough bass, but the mids and highs weren't very clear. I sent them back, and if I bought any more in-ear phones i'd get the Ety 4s.

Jun 20, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #22 of 28
Okay so ive looked up the sharp hp-md33s., they look great and have got some good reviews ( cheaper too which is always nice), but do we all agree that they are better than the 71s?, if so can anyone compare, do they fit as comfotably as the sonys in the ear?
Thanks to everyione so far with their advice, im gonna buy sommin soon i promice LOL>!!!

Jun 20, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #25 of 28
and now ive just read sommin about the sharps have a unique connection for other sharps portables, which if u dont on a sharp prtable aka and ipod, u WONT be able to use ure remote cable ( which i find to be very handy), because u have to use a special adaptor to fit the sharps into ta regular phone jack.
DOH!!!!!

Nov 9, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #27 of 28
I have some MDR 71 and ER4Ps; they are totally incomparable..the sonys sound muddy and boomy and lacking high end, the ER4Ps I think are a great match for the Ipod, the Ipod (4g & mini) can drive them pretty well w/o an amp...I haven't heard ER6s but I would definately consider springing for them or some used ER4s (the earpieces are changeable, save some $ and let someone else break em in). Also the physical quality of the ERs is incomparable; they stay in your ear, the replaceable filters & earpieces are very nice, as is the carrying case. The MDRs would fall out of my ears, they are cheap phones and I can't say much good about them except they won't block out as much background noise which may be beneficial. I'm really happy with the Etys...the noise isolation is great, especially on the plane/train/bus. Walking around with them downtown is fun, surreal, like watching a movie with a soundtrack.

Rob

Nov 9, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #28 of 28
or instead of buying a new player because you dont like the EQ, you could simply buy a portable amp and have something that will mae any of those earbuds or headphones sound nice .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back