Etymotic ER-4P or senn 580/600?
Apr 30, 2004 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

amol

500+ Head-Fier
I am buying new headphones,i know the ETYs sound amazing but are they suited for my soundcard ? My main source is my soundcard, would the Revo drive the ETYs good enough.
The other problem is i wanted to know if these need constant replacement on the eartips ..do i need to buy these frequently? i use my things with great care, will this work for a long time?

I dont wanna get into taking care of these all the time , i mean the mantainence cost has not to be there once i buy these.

Apr 30, 2004 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 4
Ety should be driveable from the soundcard just fine. However, you will need to replace foams, if that's the tip of your choice. People usually don't replace the tri-flange other than it getting yellow and dirty overtime, it's not a necessity, just a cosmetic thing.

You also have to replace the filter inside every so often, and that is a necessity.

Apr 30, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #3 of 4
The maintenance cycle of the filters, tips, and foam depends on your ears and how often you use them.

If you decide to go the HD580/HD600 route, you will probably have to buy a headphone amplifier to properly power them up.

Apr 30, 2004 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 4
I doubt you will have a problem driving the Ety's with your soundcard (just looking at specs). What I would be more concerned about is if the Etys will reveal a noise floor on the sound card (ie, background hiss if it is present at all). This background hiss can be from the card itself or imparted to the sound path due to noise from nearby electronics in your PC (ie, EMI, etc).

Etys are very revealing in this sense. No noise may be present or you might not notice any noise when music is playing and only hear it during quiet passages or between tracks - it could be something you get used to and overlook or it may be annoying so you have to listen to see if noise is present at all and if it is annoying or not. I have not listened to a Revo with Etys so just giving you something to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back