Etymotic ER-4P giveaway. Pick a cover song.
Apr 7, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #76 of 83
Very jealous of CDBacklash.

Thanks for the giveaway Sleestack!

Apr 9, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #78 of 83
Thanks to everyone again. There were so many great choices, any one of which could have won. God Give Me Strength, Landslide, Blower's Daughter and Songbird are all songs we had talked about covering even before the contest. Lacuna Coil's Truth was one we would have loved to pick, but didn't really feel we could do it justice. In the end, we went with a song that was unknown to both of us and had a simplicity we both appreciated.

Due to some time constraints, we only had the opportunity to run through the song a few times before recording, but we did our best to give
CDbacklash a respectable take on A Fine Frenzy's song:

YouTube - Near To You - A Fine Frenzy (Cover)

Apr 9, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #79 of 83
It's really easy to oversing a simple song like this one, but she approached it with exactly the right amount of subtlety! A real sign of experience/talent
Out of curiosity, how old is era? To me it looks like she is sing beyond her years.
Also out of curiosity again, who transcribed the piano part? A very good job of it.
She really made it her own and connected with the lyrics!
More indepth(?) comment going on youtube..
Thanks for this great cover
popcorn.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #80 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's really easy to oversing a simple song like this one, but she approached it with exactly the right amount of subtlety! A real sign of experience/talent
Out of curiosity, how old is era? To me it looks like she is sing beyond her years.
Also out of curiosity again, who transcribed the piano part? A very good job of it.
She really made it her own.
More indepth comment going on youtube..

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, we had done a string of belting Kelly Clarkson tunes and really wanted to do something less bombastic. Era is 23.

I play all the songs by ear or off chords and improvise the arrangements.

Apr 9, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #81 of 83
is era doing gigs around town?
Haha, i dont think you give yourself enough credit for your keyboard skills then. A good ear is a musicians best friend.

Apr 9, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #82 of 83
Just wanted to say that I go to CCM, which has one of the best vocal programs in the world (both opera and musical theater). I honestly feel that she has a voice equivalent with the upper tier of students here (and more raw talent than most).

What is her background training?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back