etymotic customer service
Jan 2, 2003 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

lucien

100+ Head-Fier
well, colour me impressed.

i'm in chicago for a few days on vacation, and with my recent misfortune with my etys, i figured i'd stop by the company itself to get new filters and see about the cord.

i pushed my luck and waited until the afternoon of new year's eve.

i met with don wilson, who not only sorted out both problems on the spot, but allowed me to demo some prototypes and give some input on new models. i thoroughly enjoyed my visit.

don, thanks again. having my music back is great.

lucien

Jan 2, 2003 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 10
Lucien,

WOW!! Glad to hear everything worked out with your beloved Ety's!!! It must have been rough without a pair for a while, but man did that visit make up for any problems you've had in the past.

You know, I am extremely impressed with a number of high-end folks who hand out here. Kohn from Audio Cubes has great customer service and customer responxe, Jan Meier is awesome in every way and an all around nice guy, Tyll is great with taking care of his customers and responding to the needs they have; and now your experience with Don Wilson from Ety is once again a breath of fresh air!!!

Jan 2, 2003 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by lucien
well, colour me impressed.

i met with don wilson, who not only sorted out both problems on the spot, but allowed me to demo some prototypes and give some input on new models. i thoroughly enjoyed my visit.

lucien

Prototypes? New models?

Jan 2, 2003 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 10
yeah lextek -- i'm not entirely sure of the protocol regarding leaking what i was shown, as the stuff wasn't presented to me as ready for release.

unless i find out that it's okay to do so, i'll leave any announcements to don.

sorry for the secrecy. don't worry, it's nothing earth shattering... just a few nice tweaks.
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2003 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
bet you'll never leave home without extra tips and the removal tool.
biggrin.gif

yeah, ain't that the truth... lesson learned.

i was damned lucky that etymotic happen to be in chicago though, and that they let me just come in to the office. it's much smaller than i imagined, and very inconspicuous -- which made what they design there even more impressive.

if this hadn't worked out, i was actually going to have to face 38 hrs of flights and airport waiting without my etys on my way back to australia in a couple of weeks. torture. absolute torture.

lucien

Jan 17, 2003 at 6:56 PM Post #7 of 10
an update...

i'm sitting in singapore changi airport, frustrated beyond belief at the prospect of this 8.5 hour wait through the wee hours of the morning for my next flight.

four flights down, and one to go. the LA -> Tokyo Narita leg could have been hell, but for the music.

so while i've said it before, i'd like to thank don again for his help with my etys. they transform this infernal 42 hour voyage from a tortuous nightmare to a vaguely tolerable adventure.

hooray for music.

luce

Jan 17, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #8 of 10
Tweaks? I was nearly on the verge of getting some etys. Without letting anything out (wouldn't want you to get in trouble with the great folks at ER
biggrin.gif
), would putting off my purchase be worthwhile? Probably not, but I like to play it say, considering I won't be able to splurge on anything like this again for a good while.

Jan 17, 2003 at 8:41 PM Post #9 of 10
they weren't major changes -- i used a prototype that addressed cable noise, and we spoke of one with a shorter cord for MD users.

the sound isn't affected either way, and no indication was givewn as to the timeframes or the likeliood of production. i'd say go ahead and buy. as it is right now, i can't recommend etys highly enough.

Jan 18, 2003 at 12:46 AM Post #10 of 10
Very cool. I've read quite a few stories about their customer service, all outstanding. The fact that Don posts here is a testament to it as well. I'm glad they got you squared away. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back