Etymotic Customer Service Appreciation Thread
Dec 22, 2007 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BDA_ABAT

1000+ Head-Fier
Howdy folks! Just wanted to share my experiences with Etymotic customer service. In a word, outstanding!

Here's what happened. I went to use these headphones a couple weeks ago and discovered that my cat had chewed on them (yes, really!). The barrel of the left channel was dented and no sound was coming from it. I contacted Etymotic, they told me to send them in and they would take a look. They did. Got back to me about a week later and said that the transducer in the left channel was broken, but also that the transducer case in the right channel was slightly cracked, the wires going into the eartips were starting to fray a bit (I never noticed any fraying... must have been pretty modest), so they gave me a replacement for $85 + $6 shipping (and the package arrived in two days!).

These headphones were at least 7 years old, had been well used, ended up being eaten by my cat (which I acknowledged in my communications with them), and the company gave me a brand new pair for a net of $91. WOW!!!

Can you imagine having a problem with your 7 year old TV (say, where your cat had chewed one of the wires so that it no longer worked), contacting the manufacturer, then having them tell you, "Oh, no problem. We'll send you a new one. The new one we send will cost ~ 1/4 the price we'd normally charge." Donno, I have a hard time imagining that scenario.

Thank you Etymotic for such outstanding customer service!!!

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back