Ety use and communicating on a Plane
Dec 16, 2001 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Randy

New Head-Fier
Hello,

This maybe a stupid question but does anyone have any experience using the Ety products and communicating with the flight crew on airplanes for meals, beverages etc? Do you have to take the phones out of your ears and then and then re-insert them? My Grados are easy to slip on and off but don't offer the isolation. Thanks.

Dec 16, 2001 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 3
On a 777 I can just hear if the music is turned off, on other planes removal is necessary. The most annoying thing is that when it's time to turn off all electronic devices, you won't have heard the announcement and the least you'll get from the pissed-off flight attendant is a firm tap on the shoulder.

Dec 16, 2001 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 3
They do offer a very high degree of isolation - although I have never taken these on a plane myself. If you're worried about showing off your earwax collection, the best thing to do is learn how to quickly 'palm' them when removing one for communication purposes.

If you're worried about the hassle of inserting and removing them, I assume you intend ordering a ****-load of drinks to make the flight go quicker. I think it will with the wonderful Ety's anyway.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back