Ety Triple-Flanges on Shure E3c?
Apr 29, 2005 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

albau

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone has experience in doing this?

Thing is Shure flanges are substantially more expensive than Ety ones - $11 for just 1 pair vs $14 for 5 pairs! Since I want to experiment with cutting off flanges Shure's stuff really gets impossible.

If it's possible then flanges from what Ety model to get(on their site 6i and 4p flanges have different codes)?

Apr 29, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by albau

Thing is Shure flanges are substantially more expensive than Ety ones - $11 for just 1 pair vs $14 for 5 pairs! Since I want to experiment with cutting off flanges Shure's stuff really gets impossible.

If it's possible then flanges from what Ety model to get(on their site 6i and 4p flanges have different codes)?

go ety, especially if you plan on modding them. i messed up my one shure tip and had to order more. the er4 and er6i tips are the same, as far as i know. i got the er4 tips.

Apr 29, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 6
ety tips do indeed work well with the e3
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 6
They work fine and you can mess w/ them. I they isolate even better than the foamies in my opinion... but they feel like someone is violating my ear.
frown.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by albau

Sorry to resurrect the therad but I indeed got Ety triple flanges and they fit e3c nicely. In fact they are what I use excluively now due to their comfort, isolation and sound. Btw, cutting off the top smallest flange totally screws sound maing it flat and basseless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back