Ety-style accessory for earbuds?
Feb 6, 2003 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

shaun3000

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I remember some time ago somone posted about some earbud accessories that are used in leau of foamies. They resembled the earplug-style tip on the Etymotics and provided similar isolation.

Does anyone knwo what I am talking about? I'd appreciate a link, if you do.

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2003 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by sTaTIx
slicsounds

do a search

THAT'S it! Thanks!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried searching here and Google for a good 30 minutes but couldn't remember the name and none of my other searches turned up what I was looking for.

Feb 12, 2003 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 8
You're right. They came, today (I like to try things for myself) and they do suck. I tried all the sizes, different positions, everything. The only good thing about them was they really amplified the bass from my MX500s. However, everything else sounded like it was coming from behind a pillow; it was very muffled.

I loved the increased bass, it wasn't overpowering, but it was more significant than what comes out of the MX500s, by themselves. However, the rest just sounded so bad. Had it not been muffled and kept everything at the same level (i.e. no overpowering bass) I'd have kept them. They provided much better isolation than just the earbuds. Not as good as the Etys, I'm sure, but it wasn't anything to sneeze at. But, they didn't. It was good bass, yet muffled mids and highs.
frown.gif

Oh well. I'm sending them back for a refund. Atleast it wasn't a loss.

Feb 15, 2003 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Peddler
Slicsounds are absolutely totally and completely utter ***** - don't waste your money.

as is so often the case, Peddler has hit the nail firmly on the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back