Ety HF5 died after 3 years, same sound sig but with a little more deep bass?
Feb 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Hemn

Head-Fier
loved my hf 5, the left cable on the housing got a loose connection

im shure not the only one who loves the ety sound, so what iem do got now?

an ety er4 with 2 ba's would be perfect

is there any iem with ety soundsig with extended bass?

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 8
Do/did you use any EQ with the HF5?  I haven't spent loads of money searching alternatives, but my ER-4 with modest EQ bumps from my Cowon J3 gives me very good bass.  HF5 can do the same.

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #6 of 8
I had a pair of HF5s that lasted about 18 months, then another that lasted a year, and a third pair that lasted another year. I kept going back even though the cable kept crapping out on me because I couldn't find anything that I liked as much. Last Black Friday I picked up a pair of Westone 4Rs, and have been really happy with them. It's quite a bump up in price (I think I paid $350) but at the replaceable cables mean I won't have to buy a new pair when the cable dies. I was always a little disappointed in the lack of bass and no amount of EQ would help.

Sounds as good as the HF5, but with a nice bump up in bass. Still very neutral and detailed. I haven't listened to an Etymotic since I got the Westones but I think there might be slightly less treble detail in the Westones. I really loved the Ety sound signature so I might remember them as better than they were, as I haven't got an Ety on hand to compare the two.

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #7 of 8
The GR01 offers same.level of details in mids, highs with more bass and share same soundsignature as HF5 highly recommended. CK10, DBA_02, B2, R-50 offers almost same soundsignature with more bass but maybe little more brighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back