Ety Er4p Replacement Cables
Jan 9, 2004 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chris T

Head-Fier
My Ety Er4p cable has a break in the outer insulation leading to one earpiece which is probably as a result of my looping them over my ears to reduce microphonics (I had noticed that the insulation had looked "rippled" for some time). Etymotic seem unwilling to supply a replacement cable without me (for the second time) returning them at my own expense to the USA from the UK.

I know that the "fixup" cables are no longer made, but I seem to recall another make of replcement cable being mentioned in this forum somewhere. I have tried a few searches but cannot find the posting. Does anyone know of this cable and/or a link to whoever makes it?

Chris

Jan 22, 2004 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 4
Jan 22, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #3 of 4
Ahhh sorry. I should have made this clearer. When I say that Etymotic "seem" unwilling, I should have said they definately WILL NOT just send a replacement cable. (unless you are being told different) I have also been in touch with them by email.

This will be the second time that something has gone wrong with my ER4's. The first time was when the plastic stem cracked on one earpiece after about 3 months of buying them. I had to return them to Etymotic at my own expense (which with insurance was about £50.00 around $92) They did however give me a complete new set of headphones and paid the return postage. They do seem to be suggesting that they might pay for the postage in both directions this time, but the email they sent isn't 100% clear on that. Also I would have to find my original return number from about a year ago to return it to them and at the moment I cannot, due to it being on another email file on a hard disk that is not installed in my computer. I am disappointed that the ER4's have not been more durable than this.

I was actually willing to BUY the replacement cable (even though I think that it should have lasted more than about 18 months) to save the trouble of returning the whole thing to them... but no dice. When you think that the cable simply "plugs in" to the earpiece, I cannot understand the need to return the whole thing to them even for an upgrade.

Ho-hum

Jan 22, 2004 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 4
Check your PMs Chris T.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back