Ety ER4 owners...?
Jan 16, 2005 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Zuerst

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got this brand new pair of ER-4P yesterday and right out of the box that green barrel thing (resister?) have a flaw as depicted by the following pic. Does your brand new pair of ER4 had a flaw like this? Should I return it to Earsonic for a new pair?

er4pflaw.jpg

Jan 16, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #7 of 20
Zuerst --

Definitely -- send that back! You buy it brand new, it should be brand new.
But knowing what they sound like, I would never be able to return them...

etysmile.gif

BANGPOD

Jan 16, 2005 at 7:09 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BANGPOD
Zuerst --

Definitely -- send that back! You buy it brand new, it should be brand new.
But knowing what they sound like, I would never be able to return them...

etysmile.gif

BANGPOD

I second that. Is it a real problem: no. Will you be able to return them once you've started listening: not a chance.
etysmile.jpg

Jan 16, 2005 at 8:49 AM Post #9 of 20
Hehe yeah I do find it a bit hard to part with them for maybe a week to get another pair...
etysmile.gif

But alas, or maybe to my benefit, I'm very anal about this type of things...
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2005 at 9:08 AM Post #10 of 20
this pair of ety has only some condition problem which is quite insignificant

what if you exchange it to another pair which is even worse?

Jan 16, 2005 at 9:44 AM Post #11 of 20
Mine has that, too, but it's smaller. I'm satisfied with the way mine are. It'll probably not give you problems, but if it disturbs your peace of mind, do what you've gotta do...

Jan 16, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #12 of 20
Mine don't have it. If they sound okay, why not just take a head-pin-sized dab of rubber cement and plug the hole?

Jan 16, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #13 of 20
it looks like a cosmetic rather than functional fault, but for the money you should probably get something you can feel happy with.

Neither of my pairs has a similar fault, although the cosmetics of the 'join' in the plastic barrel could be a little better.

Jan 17, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #14 of 20
A macro-sized shot like that may make things look a lot worse than they are. For example is that actually a hole or just a shadow caused from uneven or excess plastic? Also if you really are going to be picky...be picky about the drivers not the resistor pod (which I am assuming that 'hole' or shadow is not some deep hole going all the way through and even that wouldn't matter because there is really nothing in there that would be affected).

I am picky too however and noticed annoying finish issues with some recent high-end Senns.

Honestly I am thinking that is just a shadow though and extremely insignificant given that this high-res macro shot is magnifying the scale of the problem.

Jan 17, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #15 of 20
That is a mark from molding the piece of plastic that all Ety ER4's have. It won't affect the sound or use of your ER-4's in any way I can think of. Both pair of ER4's I've owned had a small mark there. Mine didn't have the tiny little hole yours has, but there was a mark there from the molding process. If it bugs you, put a tiny dab of silicone sealant in the hole. Keep them, enjoy them, don't send them back.

It bugs me a lot when people return stuff for tiny little cosmetic flaws that don't affect the function of a product at all. In the end it drives up the cost for the rest of us.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back