Ety er-6i or UE super .fi 3 studio or V-moda vibe
Apr 18, 2008 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

32y0

100+ Head-Fier
Hello there,

I'm new here and I want some advice about IEM's, so I thought this would be the right place.

I want the use it in combination with my cowon D2. I listen to pop, rock and classic rock. And now I want to know wich one I can get best; Etymotic er-6i, Ultimate ears super .fi 3 studio or V-moda vibe.

Hopefully you guys can help me.

Thanks a lot!

Apr 18, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #2 of 14
Hi! welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet. I personally never heard the Ety but I have the UE 3 and heard the v-mods the v-mods bass is a bit bloated to me and the fit was a bit uncomfortable for me to. The comfort my not seem much but in time it always gets you. Just keep that in mind. I went with UEs and they are way better than I had expected. They are very sensitive so they can play real loud. Ear damaging loud so do be careful. As far as your music likes there are some that will steer you towards the Ety. But if you can find a Radio Shack they sell the UE 3 for $50.00 and are a cool metal red color. Comes with all the neat trimmings and a cool red metallic case. So I hope I was of some help!!!

Apr 18, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 14
hi there,

If you live in the Netherlands (like me) then you have to check qables.
They sell the UE Super.fi 3 for 85 euros!!

Real bargain imho! And they have a great service!

shop.qables.com

Greetz / Groet!

Apr 18, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #5 of 14
Mede Nederlander!
Anyway, I got the Super.fi 3, and those are great for rock and pop, the ER-6i don't have enough bass to be enjoyable and the Vibe's are simply not that well built. My advice is that you go and look on the headphone buy and sale's forum.

@ Ricthaman,
You should really try the buy&sale forum here, I got mine for 55 dollar incl shipping.
And we all know the Dutch are very krenterig when it comes to money.

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:16 PM Post #6 of 14
Hallo there fellow Dutchman!

Well the ER-6i are indeed bass-shy. It's the Etymotic signature. I've had V-moda's but the Build quality is just awfull. As Bonthouse said, don't get them!! I had to sent mine back two times and couldn't be bothered anymore when they broke for the third time.

@ Bonthouse:
I know us dutch are indeed ''krenterig'' but some people like their products new and with waranty etc. So in that cas Qables had the best price I could fine in our little country. But 55 dollars incl. shipping is like 30/35 euros?! I mean that's REAL cheap!

Greetz
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #7 of 14
Hi,

If you can find them, the Denon AH-C700's are a bargain. Some retailers are selling them virtually half the price of their original price since they have been updated by the AH-C751. The 751 is exactly the same canal phone and here in the UK retails at £140 or so. The C700 retails for £70. (iheadphone.co.uk may still have them in stock)

The AH-C551 is also an excellent canal phone.

I have just received an AH-C751 and they are surprisingly good. Weighty sound that improves with amping, to the point that you would think they were a full sized headphone. I am extremely happy with them and portable listening from my iPods has taken a serious step upwards.

I have tried Shure range (E2, E3, E4) and the Superfi 5 and these Denons have me hooked from the start.

Ian

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #9 of 14
Absolutly, Without a doubt. I got mine when I still had my Shure SE210 (which I sold, needed the money) and was a bit.. sketchy about the Super.fi's but after 2 days of use, I gotta say, I luv them. And they are about 60 dollars in the USA, so if you know someone there, you should ask him to buy 2 pairs and ship them to you, one to keep, and one to sell here. In that case you get a lovely listening experience and a bit of profit aswell, since the price here is 85
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #11 of 14
Which is also a pretty sweat deal
wink.gif

I say, go for it!

Apr 18, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #13 of 14
Yeh, but if they are shipped in an envelope, you won't get taxed. If they get shipped in a box, you better be sure there's a tracking code on it.
And for taxing on parcels, I have no idea.

ps, any Dutchie here that nows the Enlish word for "krenterig"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back