ety er-4p all black?
Jun 27, 2006 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MatsudaMan

aka JohannesBrahms, KittlesLittles, Bigglesworth.
I just got a pair of er-4p's which I'm really liking. However, I've noticed that all the pics of er-4ps have blue and red for left and right and have some green in the middle part of the cord. Mine are totally black - no colors. Are mine an older version or newer version? Is there any difference?

Jun 27, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 10
Yes, they recently came out w/ a new kind. However, they are purely cosmetic. There is a thread about this floating about somewhere w/ pics and a full-blown comparison.

Jun 27, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 10
Its here: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...&postcount=129

I think the black looks nice too but I still prefer the older colorful ones.
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 10
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought I got a reject model or something.

Jun 27, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by afbug
Its here: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...&postcount=129

I think the black looks nice too but I still prefer the older colorful ones.
tongue.gif

Thanks for finding the link. I was going to find it, but then I bet myself the next kinder person would do it for him and me
icon10.gif

Yeah, I'm in with yah; the black looks classier, but there was something about the unique red-and-blue identification scheme that makes them so lovable.

Jun 27, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
but there was something about the unique red-and-blue identification scheme that makes them so lovable.

The blue and red made them much easier to correctly identify which ear they went into. The black does look good though.

Jun 27, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
...just don't put them in backwards like this guy--->
etysmile.gif

tongue.gif

I don't recall ever putting mine it wrong. Even in my pitch black bedroom I will use my cell phone to see which plus is which. I guess I am anal about left and right.
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #9 of 10
haha no, I'm crazy about proper sides. So many people wearing airplane headphones with the sides reversed...drove me almost insane. Add that with all the business guys wearing QC2s and...grrr
mad.gif

Jun 28, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #10 of 10
i actually like the All Black look, it looks very sleek and professional. Although the Red and Blue is quite nice as well, though i've had some comments about how "cheap" my ER4P's look
frown.gif
haha

i'd actually be willing to trade for the blacks, mainly cuz i dont really like how the green middle thingy looks, the black matches more with my clothes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back