Ety ER-4 Triflanges - Uncomfortable?
Dec 27, 2004 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rogerlee

Head-Fier
Just a quick question. I'm one of those people who can't use the Shure tri-flanges as tri-flanges even with the stem trimmed. To use them, I need to cut off the smallest flange to make them work or else I get zero seal.

That said, if I were to buy some ER-4's, would I experience a similar discomfort? Would I have to do any modifications/be forced to use the foamies?

Also, is there any way to get the Shure grey sleeves to work on the ER-4's, because I really love them
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.

Dec 27, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 3
If you want to get a sense of what the Etymotic canalphones feel like with the triflange tips without spending $200+ on the phones themselves, buy the Ety earplugs for $5-10. I've owned ER4-P's in the past, and have multiple pair of the Ety earplugs, and the triflanges on both feel and look the same. FWIW when I had my ER4-P's, I used the triflange tips almost exclusively.

-Keith

Dec 27, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 3
I second meithkiller's recommendation, with the caveat that I find the earplugs a bit less comfortable than the earphones (the earplugs have a larger eartube than the ER-4). So if you can get used to the earplugs (model is ER-20), you should have no trouble at all with ER-4's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back