Ety ER-4 in ear positioning
Mar 12, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #16 of 22
Completely upside down, cords looped over my ears. Twistie tie around neck level, clip on shirt ~5" lower than twistie tie. Cloth bandana that comes down and overlaps the cords above my ears.

I was doing the above set up with in ear positioning normal. BUT the sound started coming in and out and I noticed that setup was putting too much tension on the cords (normal in-ear position but with over the ear looping).

Both ways completely eliminate microphonics for me at the gym, riding bike, snowboarding, etc...Also, I use the Shure olive tips which for me blow away the Ety's. foam and triple flange tips.

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BUT the sound started coming in and out and I noticed that setup was putting too much tension on the cords (normal in-ear position but with over the ear looping).

That's what concerns me too, the angle of cable in relation to strain relief is too sharp.

Mar 12, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you wear them, in normal orientation or upside down when routing cord behind the ears?

OK, question understood now post-editing.

Normal orientation (stress relief tips pointed down) when routing cord behind.

Mar 13, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #22 of 22
I wear mine passed under my jacket then around behind my head with the shirt clip at the back. I find that much less hassle.

If you want to wear them over your ears this would be a good method to avoid the splitter being under your chin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back