ETY custom earpieces
Jan 4, 2005 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

squibcake

Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting custom earpieces made for my ety er4ps. http://www.customearsets.com/ offers them for 30 bucks if you buy your etys from them at $269. that sounds like an amazing deal...too bad i already own a set. they are $100 dollars otherwise. is that a fair deal or should i look elsewhere? also, does the sound improve with a custom set as opposed to the foamies? how is the comfort factor and ease of insertion?

thanks in advance.

Jan 4, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 7
I thought the going rate for custom Ety molds was around $100? If they want $270 for the ER-4P's and then $30 for the custom molds, you'd pay what I did for mine when I paid $200 for my ER-4P's and if I get custom molds for $100, it'd work out the same. They're overcharging you for the ER-4P's to make it seem like you're saving money on the molds.

-Keith

Jan 4, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Super-Gonzo
I'd also like to hear some more feedback on this, in particular, what to expect from these "do-it-at-home" type kits. Anyone tried them? Do you get the same results?

I tried the do-it-at-home impression kit from theearplugstore.com for my ety ER4 custom molds; the instructions are fairly clear, and you get a spare set of gunk in case you mess up on the initial attempt. My finished custom molds are fine.

If you have someone else handy who can reliably do the injecting into your ears, then the home kits are probably ok.

If you inject the silicone into your own ears you'll need a good appreciation of the angles and sensations involved as it feels a bit weird and you need to keep going once you've started so that you fill the ear canal up to the inserted ottoblock then get 'overspill' into the outer ear- If you were to stop/pull away before the ear canal is full then extracting the silicone after it hardens might be a bit of a trial.

Jan 5, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the info JohnRich, I think my wife would be willing to help me. (She's willingly assisted in other, more hair-brained schemes than this.
rolleyes.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back