Ety 6i or stay with my Shure's E2C...which one to get for my Zen USB2.0
Feb 24, 2005 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

viper69

New Head-Fier
I'd like to know what people think about Ety's 6i cans.

First off, where does the cord hang, in the back like the Shure's which is a bit annoying at times when sitting in an airplane for example. Or do they hang in front like most headphones?

Second, how's the dynamic range?

I liste to a wide variety of music, techno (Oakenfold), rock, rap, jazz really pretty diverse. I don't care about getting hard sounding bass that much is for sure.

I am a bit disappointed w/my Shures workmanship. After only using them about 10 times for flying, they cord near is now loose inside near the plug. As everytime I plug it into my MP3 player I have to move the cord to get clear reception of sound..and YES I have tested this on my stereo at home too
frown.gif

But I like the sound a lot of the E2Cs, so I guess I am also curious about the worksmanship of the 6is

Any feedback is welcome...unless it's "dude the Ety's they rock" or something similiar, as that doesn't help me make an informed choice, etc.

Thanks

Feb 24, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 5
I own neither but will probobly buy the e3c soon. The ety's cord hang down normally, not over the ear, and from what ive read the build quality on the ety's is worse than shures; build quality of the shures is a buying point and is supposed to be very good combined with the two year warrenty opposed to the ety's 1 year. Cannot comment on actual build quality or sound quality as I have not seen both of these and so cannot compare, these are just my opinions from the research on the two products that I have been conducting.

Feb 25, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

I'd like to know what people think about Ety's 6i cans

Light bass. Thin wires and if you're not careful handling them can easily break. On the good side the thin wires makes it easy to go into your ear.

Very bright sounding, even more than Grados. Excellent clarity throughout. Bass is the only weakness here. If you're listening in a moving train or car, you won't hear the bass at all without the help of a good headphone amp.

At low volumes, they sound tiny. At high volumes, the highs are so bright it's almost piercing. er6i will transform magically into a great sounding earphone with a good headphone amp like the supermacro with opa134 or emmeline sr-71.

Feb 25, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 5
The cord is normal, though I often put it behind just to get it out of the way.

I also have to disagree with the previous posters, I would not call these cans bass shy. They do have a tight refined bass, but it is definitely there.
I've never heard them sound tinny as was described, but I also am not privleged to own an sr-71
cool.gif
Ok, that's jealousy talking....

Seriously, they are very detailed, and have very clear highs and mids. If you like the boominess of the shures, you might be disappointed with the etys. They are a very different sound from what I've read on here.

good luck
-Jeff

Feb 25, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 5
the ER6i's are nice, but the ER-4P's are definitely worth the extra money. i've posted a couple fairly in depth comparisons between the ER6i and the ER-4P, which a little judicious use of the search button will bring up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back