Ety 6i or hf5?
Aug 5, 2009 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jj94

100+ Head-Fier
I just looked at the Ety 6i's and hf5's on their website and they both seem pretty good to me. Just out of curiosity, which pair is worth more for their price?

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 8
Yeah I just saw them over at Amazon. How do the 6i's and hf5's sound compare though? Are they really good compared to other IEM's around their price range? I'm looking for a new pair and really want the best deal.

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 8
I really like the Er6i but they do have some flaws. The HF5 are supposed to be better and are, by some accounts, closer to the Er-4P than the Er6/Er6i in sound.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jj94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the 4p's supposed to be better? Sorry, I'm really new to this.

Er-4P are very close to Etymotic's flagship IEM, the ER-4S (in fact, the only difference between them is the amount of impedance, so the Er-4P can be turned into an Er-4S with an impedance adapter).

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #7 of 8
Oh, I see. Is the sound signature on the hf5's good? I'm looking for a good balance between the lows, mids, and highs. Basically any IEM with a good bass response, but not too great that it blocks everything else out. Warm and clear mids, and crisp and accurate highs. Just as long as it's affordable for me.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #8 of 8
Search for HF5 impressions on the forums. The Er6i's are pretty off-balance when it comes to lows. Etymotics generally are known for a pretty bass-light signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back