Ety 6i... a brand new world!
May 5, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #16 of 35
May 5, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
Now that you've had your first eargasm, it'll take more $$ to get that same feeling. Sorry.
icon10.gif

Well, that is unless you don't move to full sized cans. Pretty much square the cost of your first eargasm and that'll be the cost of your next one.

May 5, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Pretty much square the cost of your first eargasm and that'll be the cost of your next one.

Ha, ha.

Well put.

Would be funnier if it weren't the truth.

etysmile.gif

May 5, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
tell me princess, when last did you
let your heart decide?

A WHOLE NEW WORLD
(Dont you dare close your eyes)
A WHOLE NEW WORLD

tongue.gif

Now that you've had your first eargasm, it'll take more $$ to get that same feeling. Sorry.
icon10.gif

you also missed the most important line pertinent to this thread:
(Hold your breath, it gets better)

i'm one of the few "downgraders" here on head-fi...went from rs-1 to sr200/hf-1; went from er4p/s -> er6i. i think the er6i are perfectly fine out of the ipod...they don't live up to the er4s with a good source and good amp, but that's not what i use my er6i with. now i'm looking at the e500 as a portable amp...but i want to see what the amp synergies are before purchasing...i'm hoping it sounds great with a PINT...

May 6, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jSatch
Ha, ha.

Well put.

Would be funnier if it weren't the truth.

etysmile.gif

Quoted for truth.
icon10.gif

May 7, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #21 of 35
As for my finding of "lack of bass" doesn't mean I necessarily miss them. It's like McDonalds... great to splurge sometimes but not too much.
wink.gif

I tested them today during a sound check (100+ db) for a concert-like thing at an arena tomorrow... wow, awesome sound isolation! I was able to listen to my own music without being annoyed by all the other sound going on. I could still hear the outside music, but it didn't bother me at all.

I'm thinking of the iM716s... they are midrange between the 6i and the E4s and have a crazy bass-switch that might work out well. Otherwise, the "High Def" response I'm thinking would be similar in an accurate flat response?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2006 at 9:07 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Okigire
I'm thinking of the iM716s... they are midrange between the 6i and the E4s and have a crazy bass-switch that might work out well. Otherwise, the "High Def" response I'm thinking would be similar in an accurate flat response?
smily_headphones1.gif

The "crazy" bass switch is pretty much useless for me. It does not add bass, but rather let loose of the bass, making it booming all over
biggrin.gif
The bass is not bad on the HD mode.

May 7, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #24 of 35
Quick try the foamies to get rid of veil and add a little bass!
etysmile.gif

May 8, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #25 of 35
I've tried the foamies, but honestly don't really fit/seal better than the flanges. I find the flanges easier to work with even if not as comfortable (but I'm used to them anyway).

May 8, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by glac1er
The "crazy" bass switch is pretty much useless for me. It does not add bass, but rather let loose of the bass, making it booming all over
biggrin.gif
The bass is not bad on the HD mode.

I don't find the Bass mode so egregious. In fact, I really like having it. Something I was surprised about.

I’ve noticed with much of the newer, overly bassed Hip-Hop, it does take it over the top. Boomy, just as you say. Perhaps you've observed this in other recordings as well. But other genres can fare differently. Particularly in older recordings where bass was not so prominent, it is a pleasant addition. Vocals that may sound a little thin, some opera recordings, can flesh out with the bass mode employed.

Also, in areas with high background noise (airplane, gym, bus), it is also more likely a welcome addition than not. As least in my experience.

I was initially considering removing the vol/bass/hd pod from the phones, but I’ve grown to appreciate its convenience. For true Hi-Fi such a switch would be heresy. But these phones, at least for me, are primarily used with an iPod, the McDonalds of audio devices.
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #27 of 35
The McDonalds of audio devices?! Nice line!

Anyways, I'm going to try them out and see how they go. These days, some song in some genres of music (rock/pop/hiphop) are all bass. There's so little leftover after the bass, that without it drives the song down the drain.

May 14, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Okigire
Wait a second... what decision?! Since when did I start debating on buying a et of IEMs?!

Yeah, I find that happening a lot whenever I read this forum.
I just decide to read up on a new amp, and suddenly I'm shopping. Wait a second ... when did that happen?

May 14, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
You did notice that the score is based on only one review, right?
rolleyes.gif
This is completely insignificant compared to the large number of satisfied users on head-fi.

Yeah, that's what I noticed too. At first I was really worried, but then I noticed the review isn't necessarily from a true audiophile.

As for the magical decision... hm, perhaps it's trying to tell us something? Oh well, I'm very happy with my purchase. In the large picture, it's not that bad. I'm not going to go out and buy a whole audio system now though!

Saweeeet... there's an ETYsmiley??
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back