Ety 4S + Xin Supermini = portable bliss
Nov 23, 2003 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tyson

Headphoneus Supremus
Been really, really enjoying this combo for the last week or so and just wanted to give some props where they are due - great tonal balance, superbly detailed, excellent isolation, and terrific soundstage/ambiance. My 2 dedicated home headphone setups (HD600s w/a Radii/Boulder OTL amp and Ultrasone HFI-700's w/highly modded Xcans amp) and my dedicated office setup (Beyer DT250-250's and PPA amp) all give my these qualities as well, but to be able to take it "on the go" like the Ety/Xin combo allows is just a godsend. I love this hobby.

Nov 23, 2003 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Tyson
Been really, really enjoying this combo for the last week or so and just wanted to give some props where they are due - great tonal balance, superbly detailed, excellent isolation, and terrific soundstage/ambiance. My 2 dedicated home headphone setups (HD600s w/a Radii/Boulder OTL amp and Ultrasone HFI-700's w/highly modded Xcans amp) and my dedicated office setup (Beyer DT250-250's and PPA amp) all give my these qualities as well, but to be able to take it "on the go" like the Ety/Xin combo allows is just a godsend. I love this hobby.

Couldn't agree more. Got the supermicro which has a shorter battery life than the mini, but the ER-4S/Xin combo is absolutely wonderful! I couldn't dream of better sound on-the-go.

Nov 23, 2003 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 7
I just ordered one w/the upgraded op-amps for my Ety 4S's and Sony R50 MD player. I can't wait
etysmile.gif

Nov 23, 2003 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Sony D-FJ401 PCDP that Xin recommends - picked it up from ebay for $40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back