Ety 4's and Static Electricity
Feb 21, 2002 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Anybody else get zapped by static electricity in the earlobes when using their ETy's? Maybe I should seat in the leather chair. Ouch!

Lextek
confused.gif

Feb 21, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 7
Yeah, that's happened to me once or twice. Very weird!

Feb 21, 2002 at 3:07 AM Post #3 of 7
That's because you're listening to Electonica music.

Man, that's so bad, I have to amend this post.>>>>

Actually, no I have not experienced it for myself. I will say however that at the meet this weekend, I got a little static shock as I was handing off the headphones to someone else. I just figured it was the carpet, etc., but it was big enough that I remember it.

Feb 21, 2002 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 7
Not yet, I haven't. And it's dry enough here for static when I kiss someone. I've got 4S's with the rubber tips. Does the static hit just one configuration of Ety's? Maybe the cable coverings has more capacitance in one version than another?

Feb 21, 2002 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 7
You can get into the habit of periodically grounding yourself. I use to live in a building where the static electricity was unbearable. Before I touch any door handle or metal rail, I carry my keys in my hand and have the keys hit the door knob or metal rail. I can see the sparks fly and then I can touch open the door or grab the rail without getting shocked.

Feb 21, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 7
I've felt it about twice when I first got them. The zap felt like it came from the tiny area between the cable connector and the ER-4's that expose the connector pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back