Ety 4P to 4S adapter?
Apr 1, 2002 at 11:20 PM Post #16 of 23
Just send a private message or an email to the user JMT on this board. Look at his profile. You can converse with him directly about purchasing one of his amps.

Apr 1, 2002 at 11:32 PM Post #17 of 23
Daniel Pumphrey also makes an ETY 4P to 4S adapter cable. I got one from him. It's very well made an he way (is) a pleasure to deal with. His is a bit more expensive that Fixups. I tried one of his calbes as well. The Pumphrey cable is lighter and not comprosed of Radio Shack parts. It's 'fit and finish' seem a little better to my untrained eyes. Fixup, however, was also excellent to deal with. I live relatively close to him so I picked up the cable directly. If the need arises, I would easily deal with him again. He is both honest and responsive.

Apr 2, 2002 at 12:27 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by bergman
Daniel Pumphrey also makes an ETY 4P to 4S adapter cable. I got one from him. It's very well made an he way (is) a pleasure to deal with. His is a bit more expensive that Fixups. I tried one of his calbes as well. The Pumphrey cable is lighter and not comprosed of Radio Shack parts. It's 'fit and finish' seem a little better to my untrained eyes. Fixup, however, was also excellent to deal with. I live relatively close to him so I picked up the cable directly. If the need arises, I would easily deal with him again. He is both honest and responsive.

Could you post the info for Daniel Pumphrey? His name didn't come up in a search with Etymotic at Google.

Apr 2, 2002 at 8:00 AM Post #21 of 23
He dates back from the Headwize days. His posts are interesting and the newer guys can benefit from a search in Headwize.

Dan was the pioneer of the Etymotic ER4 P to S cable and the credit should be rightfully his.

Apr 16, 2002 at 9:25 PM Post #23 of 23
"Dan was the pioneer of the adapter?"

Oh no, another "Who was the pioneer of the adapter war"

Acually, I think Dr Xin from Fixup ideas are quite original and if there is credit due then we should vote or something he he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back