Ety 4P after 2 weeks
Sep 13, 2004 at 5:45 PM Post #16 of 17
the er4p/s really improves with a good amp. the emmeline sr71 is just wonderful with the er4. the sr71 colors the high treble, makinking it warmer or sweeter without cutting it. if anything the sr71 has a bright signature. plus the fast bass of the sr71 really mates well with the sr4s quick attack and decay style. i've been using shure e5c clear tips and they work well with the er4s, although they hurt a little when i remove them. i'm hoping the tips will break in and soften up soon.

Sep 13, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
the er4p/s really improves with a good amp. the emmeline sr71 is just wonderful with the er4. the sr71 colors the high treble, makinking it warmer or sweeter without cutting it. if anything the sr71 has a bright signature. plus the fast bass of the sr71 really mates well with the sr4s quick attack and decay style. i've been using shure e5c clear tips and they work well with the er4s, although they hurt a little when i remove them. i'm hoping the tips will break in and soften up soon.

Sr71 is a bit too rich for my blood, and I would like something smaller, like the old Xin superDual.

Does Er4 have enough bass without bass boost on the Sr71?

Also, does e5c clear tips actually improve sound over tri-flanges? (well, I cut off the top flange).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back