etronics..
May 14, 2002 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tr4ck

New Head-Fier
Just wandering if anyone here has ordered from etroincs.com who lives in canada?

I wanna get the vr6's they are $130 canadian with everything included. Since i've never ordered from the net i'm not sure if they are reliable.. and does borderfree even work?

May 14, 2002 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 8
I have a friend that ordered the V6's from them, from what i know, the total price was indeed $130, and everything arived quickly and in perfect condition...

May 14, 2002 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 8
Sadly, I had a bad experience on my first try with etronics, and I don't even live in Canada (close, though!). I tried ordering a set of Sennheiser HD-497's. They had them (maybe they still do) for the great price of $47. Sadly, they never came! I called them and they said they needed to have UPS do a trace of the package to determine what happened. The order was placed on March 26, and I have yet to get my refund. I keep bugging them. Evidently, UPS dropped the ball on the trace a couple of times, and etronics can't refund me until UPS officially sends them the proof that the 497's are indeed lost!

I find this strange, because I've ordered lots of things over the internet, and have never had a problem like this. I've heard good things about etronics, so I don't know whether to blame them. Hopefully my case is just a fluke. Has anyone else out there had any similar experiences with etronics?

Vince

May 14, 2002 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 8
from the way you describe it, it sounds like its UPS' fault and not etronics fault?
confused.gif

May 14, 2002 at 5:51 AM Post #5 of 8
It seems to me if etronics were a customer-service-oriented business they would offer to send a second pair or give a refund given that UPS clearly is not doing anything. Headroom seems to do a good job with that and many other businesses do as well.

May 14, 2002 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 8
jlo mein - It's not clear who screwed up, because when I go to the UPS tracking information, all it says is "Billing information received," and no information that it went anywhere! I ordered this on March 26, which was around Passover, and etronics closes for the holiday. So something may have gotten overlooked here. It's almost as if they told UPS to pick up the order but never gave them the box!

May 14, 2002 at 7:13 PM Post #7 of 8
I've ordered a few things from etronics and they have been very good at getting things shipped very quickly. I even did a return on an item and they sent me a refund in about 2 weeks for the full amount minus shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back