The Ethernet cables, Switches and Network related sound thread. Share your listening experience only.
Sep 12, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #511 of 2,189
He’s not developing anything. His company simply takes apart standard, inexpensive products and puts them in a different case.

Of course, it would be simple to prove me wrong - don’t you wonder why no proof is ever offered? Sorry, but I don’t buy technology based on a vendor simply saying “trust me”.
bfreedma, have you taken the time to either read any of the many positive reviews of the ENO Ethernet System Ag or watch Hans Beekhuyzen’s YouTube video about this product?

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #512 of 2,189
He’s not developing anything. His company simply takes apart standard, inexpensive products and puts them in a different case.

Of course, it would be simple to prove me wrong - don’t you wonder why no proof is ever offered? Sorry, but I don’t buy technology based on a vendor simply saying “trust me”.
I think most of us have heard your opinion loud and clear. It's time to either move on, or post on topic.

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #513 of 2,189
bfreedma, have you taken the time to either read any of the many positive reviews of the ENO Ethernet System Ag or watch Hans Beekhuyzen’s YouTube video about this product?

I‘ve seen previous reviews of Ethernet products by Hans. It’s clear he has no understanding of Ethernet and associated 802 standards.

How Ethernet works and how packetized data is transmitted is not up for debate. Products either follow the 802 standards (error correct, noise rejection, galvanic isolation) or they don’t work. If that wasn’t the case, the digital world as we know it today simply wouldn’t exist. Subjective reviews of a product following these standards demonstrate how powerful the placebo effect can be.

All that said, if Teknorob can post any objective evidence, any at all, that his products perform as he claims, I’d be happy to purchase something. At this point, I’d settle for a reasonable technical explanation of what his products do that others don’t and how that’s achieved. If he truly has “special sauce”, he certainly would have patented it, so the claim of protecting his IP doesn’t really function as a valid reason not to provide some idea of what’s going on.

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #515 of 2,189
You may disagree with my view, but it is most certainly on topic. The title of this thread includes “Worth to buy more expensive ones?” Obviously, I believe it is not worth it.
Yes, you've said so, repeatedly. Have you tried any network improvements or tweaks? Or do you just know they can't work?

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #516 of 2,189
Yes, you've said so, repeatedly. Have you tried any network improvements or tweaks? Or do you just know they can't work?

They can’t work. The technology in question simply doesn’t support the claims made.

I make whatever network tweaks necessary to maintain minimal data errors at the network level. Once that’s done, there is no need for application/function specific tweaks. I monitor and manage my home network far more heavily than a typical user and can say with a great degree of certainty that data is arriving at all of my Ethernet end points accurately and with almost nonexistent error/retransmit rates.

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #517 of 2,189
They can’t work. The technology in question simply doesn’t support the claims made.

I make whatever network tweaks necessary to maintain minimal data errors at the network level. Once that’s done, there is no need for application/function specific tweaks. I monitor and manage my home network far more heavily than a typical user and can say with a great degree of certainty that data is arriving at all of my Ethernet end points accurately and with almost nonexistent error/retransmit rates.
OK, don't try anything, that way you can remain secure in your knowledge. Refusal to investigate is not very scientific though.

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #518 of 2,189
OK, don't try anything, that way you can remain secure in your knowledge. Refusal to investigate is not very scientific though.

You really have this backward. It’s the responsibility of the vendor to support their claims, not mine.

I’ve been working with Ethernet for over 30 years including connections to analog devices far more sensitive than anything that will ever exist for audio reproduction. Devices where any inaccuracies would have very serious consequences to the public. I also sit on one of the 802 standards subcommittees. Given that, I know where to go for science in regards to Ethernet, thanks.

The need to personally validate established science is a rather absurd defense. Would you suggest that I need to jump off the roof of The Empire State Building to prove gravity works there the same way physics describes it in general? Because that’s the argument being made here about the 802 standards.

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #520 of 2,189
Do you have an explanation as to why the Yauhody CAT8 and Tera Grand CAT7 sound different in my system? Or is your argument that they don't?
I think you know what answer you will get. :thinking::sweat_smile:

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #521 of 2,189
Do you have an explanation as to why the Yauhody CAT8 and Tera Grand CAT7 sound different in my system? Or is your argument that they don't?

I believe we are all susceptible to the placebo effect.

The cables, unless one has some form of active EQ (which would make no sense, but hey, stuff sells..), are not in any way altering audio playback.

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #522 of 2,189
You really have this backward. It’s the responsibility of the vendor to support their claims, not mine.

I’ve been working with Ethernet for over 30 years including connections to analog devices far more sensitive than anything that will ever exist for audio reproduction. Devices where any inaccuracies would have very serious consequences to the public. I also sit on one of the 802 standards subcommittees. Given that, I know where to go for science in regards to Ethernet, thanks.
bfreedma, with your over 30yrs of extensive Ethernet experience, can you please explain to me why these three cables sound completely different from one another in my headphone system if all they are doing is transferring nothing but 1’s and 0’s. The yellow one is the stock cable that came with my ROON Nucleus Rev B music server. The black cable was made by Network Acoustics. And the red Ethernet cable is from L-Com and it costs $20.

Attachments

• 6B10AD1B-03E6-4FB1-A794-0B3A3EED8A21.jpeg
    6B10AD1B-03E6-4FB1-A794-0B3A3EED8A21.jpeg
    585.5 KB · Views: 0
  • F1AD1FD3-7EA0-4435-85F8-E530A8941476.jpeg
    F1AD1FD3-7EA0-4435-85F8-E530A8941476.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 190EF27D-A00D-4CDB-9CF5-046594131831.jpeg
    190EF27D-A00D-4CDB-9CF5-046594131831.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #523 of 2,189
bfreedma, with your over 30yrs of extensive Ethernet experience, can you please explain to me why these three cables sound completely different from one another in my headphone system if all they are doing is transferring nothing but 1’s and 0’s. The yellow one is the stock cable that came with my ROON Nucleus Rev B music server. The black cable was made by Network Acoustics. And the red Ethernet cable is from L-Com and it costs $20.

See my answer above to essentially the same question.

As we all know, certain subjects regarding testing are forbidden in this subforum, so I'll simply say that science and science based claims aren't vetted by subjective evaluation.

Sep 12, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #524 of 2,189
I think most of us have heard your opinion loud and clear. It's time to either move on, or post on topic.
bfreedma's recent postings in this thread are as on topic as can be.

Sep 12, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #525 of 2,189
The question that needs to be answered is this: do they sound different or do you just think they sound different? This can be tested, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back