ET 4's Broke?
Nov 5, 2003 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Daniel Bull

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I got my ET 4's about a month ago and loved them. . . until the last couple days when one side became much quieter than the other side. I thought that maybe the affected side might be clogged with ear goop or something so I took off the outside and cleaned them, etc. . But when I listened to just the two speakers without any outer covering, etc. . the difference was even more noticeable.

Has anyone else had this problem? They don't cut out or anything. ..just one side is considerably quieter than the other. I got them new from an Ebay dealer. . so I'm not sure whether to contact them. . .or Etymotics.

Any suggestions?

Is this uncommon?
Daniel
dbull@austin.rr.com

Nov 6, 2003 at 2:51 AM Post #3 of 7
Etymotic is extremely helpful and provides excellent customer support. Email them and explain your situation. Most likely it is simply a clogged filter, but if there really is some of sort of error, they will either fix or replace your phones for free. They replaced my ER-6s with a brand new pair after one side stopped working. I bought them used from a Head-fier.

Nov 6, 2003 at 6:12 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Halide
What about the tiny green filter? It could have a thin layer of wax on it or something...Did you try changing the filter?

Yep. Sounds like (no pun) a filter problem. I had the same exact problem this morning.

Simply twist out the old filter with the filter tool. You'll notice an immediate improvement in the sound. And, slip in a new one.

Nov 6, 2003 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 7
Hello again,

Thank you all so much for the suggestions. I'm now ripping apart my room looking for the secure bag that holds the filter/tool that I put up to make sure that I didn't lose -- ha!!

Considering I had this happen after just a month. . .should I think of ordering a fairly big quantity of extra filters? How much do they run?

Oh yea, I did a google search for Etyomics and didn't get their web page. Can any of you direct me to their URL?

Thank you,
Daniel

Nov 6, 2003 at 8:21 PM Post #7 of 7
http://www.etymotic.com/.

If it happens again so quickly there's always the cleaning the ears route.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back