ESW9 Redux
Mar 19, 2009 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pumpkin77

100+ Head-Fier
Anymore thoughts, reviews, inputs, guys?

atsmile.gif
I just got my own esw9. going head to head w/ ety 4rp. Amped w/ The Red Hornet. Nice bass, especially since I have gotten use to the smaller tighter bass of the etys signature sound. Playing Massive Attack, holy smokes Batman, the bass is booming in my virgin ears. They are more comfortable than I imagined and the sound does change by manipulating the cups. CUP CHECK!

jecklinsmile.gif
Okay, trying them out in NYC's subways tomorrow, will see if my subway neighbor's complain and give me the hairy eyeball, Fuggeddaboudit!

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 2
I use a Zune 8 > P-51 Mustang > ESW9 as my away from home setup. The ESW9s have nowhere near the isolation of the IEMs but I really like the sound. The ESW9s have a much fuller sound than my ER6s.

While listening to Pandora Radio at work on the little Dell sound bar, (They sound ok but we can't listen to headphones at work), I heard hears a couple of songs by Robyn that I thought sounded good. So I picked up the CD and ripped it to the server and popped it on the Zune and pressed play. yow! the song had a deep bass line that I could not even hear on the tiny work speakers. The ESW9s go plenty low.

I have pretty much given up on IEMs for portable use due to the constant in and out whenever someone talks to me, or I have to get the phone, or whatever makes my ears mighty tender after a bit. I do sometimes use them when in bed before going to sleep but I may have to look for different IEMs for more SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back