esw10's/9's or ultra
Dec 14, 2008 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hockeyb213

BANNED: BAD TRADER
I have had my fair share of iem's to date and am looking to get some big closed cans that will blow my iem's out of the ball park. I was hopping to hear some comparisons between these closed portable cans. I am in place to buy esw10jpns's but for double the price I would expect a huge difference and I am not quite sure if they provide that.

edit: I meant ultrasone hfi-780

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had my fair share of iem's to date and am looking to get some big closed cans that will blow my iem's out of the ball park. I was hopping to hear some comparisons between these closed portable cans. I am in place to buy esw10jpns's but for double the price I would expect a huge difference and I am not quite sure if they provide that.

edit: I meant ultrasone hfi-780

What did your friend think of the ESW10s?

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 9
as I stated before, isolation is not very important to me, and ESW9 does blow TF10s, SE530, ER4P/S out of the water. ESW10, on the other hand betters ESW9 on most aspects, especially in soundstage, bass response and transparency.

You would have to give up isolation though. ESW9/10s' isolation is slightly better than denon D1000s, for example.

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 9
well I just bought the 10's so we will see
smily_headphones1.gif
but for my purpose I cannot have too much isolation I need to be able to hear someone trying to get my attention in the school I will know they are there
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back